IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC pro blocked by AVAST in Virus chest

LEF48

Three days ago, my AVAST blocked ASC and automatically put it in Virus chest. However, nothing appears in the Virus chest. Perhaps I have eliminated all notifications by mistake.

Now my ASC pro does not work at all, I click on the item but nothing happens.

I have used both programs for years without any problem.

Now I am wondering if ASC has malware in it ? Perhaps there was a recent update which is causing AVAST to qualify ASC as malware ?

Should I just uninstall ASC and re-install ? Have you had similar reports from other users ?

Thanks for your reply.

Three days ago, my AVAST blocked ASC and automatically put it in Virus chest. However, nothing appears in the Virus chest. Perhaps I have eliminated all notifications by mistake.

Now my ASC pro does not work at all, I click on the item but nothing happens.

I have used both programs for years without any problem.

Now I am wondering if ASC has malware in it ? Perhaps there was a recent update which is causing AVAST to qualify ASC as malware ?

Should I just uninstall ASC and re-install ? Have you had similar reports from other users ?

Thanks for your reply.

Hi,

The detection should have removed in our latest version.

Please download and install it to see how it works. http://update.iobit.com/dl/advanced-systemcare-setup.exe

I had uninstalled the program as well as other programs like Driver booster and eliminated all traces.

Downloaded from your link and started the main program. No problem with Avast.

Then I started driver booster and I got a warning : "filerepmalware" and now driver booster is blocked by avast....

I dont know this "file rep malware" .. but it is recognized as a threat by Avast.

Another thing that surprised me is that when I installed the new version of the program, it was the pro version. I checked the license and found it was MY license number, ven though I had deleted ALL files of ASC. I wonder how my license number appeared in the latest version. How come ?

I had uninstalled the program as well as other programs like Driver booster and eliminated all traces.

Downloaded from your link and started the main program. No problem with Avast.

Then I started driver booster and I got a warning : "filerepmalware" and now driver booster is blocked by avast....

I dont know this "file rep malware" .. but it is recognized as a threat by Avast.

Another thing that surprised me is that when I installed the new version of the program, it was the pro version. I checked the license and found it was MY license number, ven though I had deleted ALL files of ASC. I wonder how my license number appeared in the latest version. How come ?

Hi,

Please make sure you are running the latest version Driver Booster v 6.2.1.234.

If not, please download and install it from http://update.iobit.com/dl/driver_booster_setup.exe

To remove the registry information, please delete all the items in the folder below:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare

Thanks,

Archived