IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Problems installing new versions

aaronpriest

12.1.0.210 was the last stable version for me. Do a clean install of Windows 10.17763.379 (1809) in a virtual machine, hit CTRL+SHIFT+F3 to enter audit mode, run every version of ASC Portable since 12.1.0.210 and see if Windows 10 or Server 2019 will boot again. Usually I get a black screen and cursor before login and nothing but a reinstall of Windows can fix it. I haven't been able to pin it down to a specific function or feature of ASC yet, but 12.1.0.210 works fine. I've submitted a couple detailed bug reports with 12.2.0.xxx builds, but haven't heard anything back. I own a computer company and a few clients have come in where newer versions destroyed their Windows installs.

That is strange. I am running version 12.2 on windows 10 with no issues.

From past experience, I suggest you use iobit uninstaller to remove any other versions of ASC. Run the powerful scan in Iobit Uninstaller to remove any remnants.

Then use search in Explorer to find any ASC folders and delete them. Sometimes there is a conflict with older versions which may have caused your issue.

Now try running ASC 12.2 again.

No, as I wrote in my post, you can duplicate my issue with a clean install of the latest build of Windows 10 on a virtual machine in audit mode. No other software, no previous ASC versions. Although I did get 12.3 to work fine on a different virtual machine in audit mode that had been upgraded to the latest build of Windows 10 (vs. a clean install), so I'm unsure what the difference is there...

That is a strange one. I must admit that I am still running windows 1803, and obviously you are runing 1809.

So ASC 12.2 works fine on 1803, but you have an issue with ASC 12.2 on 1809.

I cannot see that Iobit would have made any significant change to the core programming between ASC 12.2 and 12.3 ( which you say works). So obviously their is an issue with Windows 1809.

Also, i have not seen any other users post an issue regarding ASC 12.2 and Windows 1809, but the fact that you have other clients who are experiencing the same

issue is troubling.

The only way that I can see to resolve this is for Iobit to duplicate your issue exactly.

Sadly, they have not responde to your post. So I will PM Iobit and highlight this topic for their attention.

Yes, 1809, specifically 10.0.17763.379 and 10.0.17763.402 (coming out next week). I had the same issue with ASC 12.2.0.311, 12.2.0.318, and 12.3.0.329 (so 12.3 did not work either on that virtual machine). The last ASC to work reliably for me was 12.1.0.210. I'll see if I can do more testing this weekend, I've been on the road.

It is a worry, that 12.2 and 12.3 are destroying your clients windows installs. Usually, the issue can be resolved by entering safe mode and removing ASC.

I have never come across a situation where it was necessary to do a complete re-install of Windows to resolve an ASC issue.

If it was happening only in a virtual environment, then I would suspect the Virtual environment, but obviously your clients are running in normal environment.

Hopefully, Iobit will respond today, as I have PM'd them regarding your issue.

Hi aaronpriest,

Sorry for my late reply.

To look into the BSOD, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper.exe.

Double click to run this tool on the PC with problem and click 'Save report'.

After it finishes, you will get a pop up window to tell you where the report file IObit_Debug_Info.zip is saved. Click 'OK' button to open that saved folder.

Send the zipped file to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

@Scannan, sincerely thanks for your timely reply and kindly help.

I am here, but a little busy.:-)

There is no BSOD, just no boot. A black screen and a mouse cursor that moves where you should see a desktop or a login screen. No CTRL+SHIFT+ESC for task manager either. Safe mode does the same so there is no way to repair or resolve it that I could find. It has only happened in audit mode that I've seen though, people that create an image for deployment, and only on three or four occasions so far. But I was able to duplicate it here in VMWare with a clean Windows 10 ISO a couple of times. I'll play more with it at home this weekend.

Hi aaronpriest,

How is everything going? Would you please send us the related screenshots to show the situation you mentioned? By the way,please send us more details ( a.Precise features. b. Which features that you ran and caused the issue) to help us reproduce the issue and then we can do test.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Archived