IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Problems after Virus protection automatic installation today 06-29-17

Today upon starting up my computer I had a routine for IOBit offering to run. The intent was to among other things change Windows Firewall setting to help block the new worldwide threat that popped up on Tuesday. I allowed the routine to run.

At this time, Intellicast.com no longer generates graphics and information in my IE, Edge or Firefox browsers as it should. Are there some firewall setting that can be amended or other actions taken so that information from Intellicast.com is no longer blocked?

Yes, and thank you. Under question #5) "Accelerators may also interfere with image looping, or other aspects of the images beyond the county lines or color tables. Please reconfigure the page loading to disable the accelerator and see if the problems are resolved. Pop-up blockers may also block animated GIF images."

The pop-up blocker seems to have been the problem.

CORRECTION - Pop-up blocker now seems to have not been the problem.

While turning off Windows Defender Firewall did allow the site to generate properly, the site does not seem to penetrate the firewall in full functionality.

Since the problem does not seem 'app' oriented and I know nothing of 'ports,' I'm at a loss at what to do regarding the firewall.

Archived