.exe attempting to access blocking games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .exe attempting to access blocking games

Every time I try and launch a steam game, I get the message ".exe is attempting to access .txt. Do you want to allow it access this file." I select remember and Allow, but the game fails to launch. I try to launch again and I'm met by the exact same message. Both the .exe and the .txt files are what I'm expecting and would allow. It's simply not remembering. I can't find how to fix this, everything is up to date, I've restarted, I've sacrificed a goat.

This is happening to me too. Specifically with Sid Meier's Civilization VI.
    It remembers everything else I tell it to but with Civ VI it refuses to let it run no matter what I do.
    I'm pretty sure part of the problem is the fact that its trying to access the .txt file but if it needs to do that in order to start then why isn't ASCU11 remembering what I told it to remember?

Comment

Hi all,

Would you please send us a screenshot of the message you have got?

Then please download the tool fromhttp://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper.exe

Double click to run this tool on the PC with the problem and click 'Save report'.

After it finishes, you will get a popup window to tell you where the report file IObit_Debug_Info.zip is saved. Click 'OK' button to open that saved folder.

Send the zipped file to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Thanks.

IObit Support Team --
      If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

Funnily enough, my issue is with Civ VI as well. It was absolutely fine last week, then an update to ASCU apparently made me have to allow access to all my games again and with Civilization, it won't take.
        Attached Files

Comment

That is exactly what I'm getting as well. That little blue pop-up over and over and over.

What kind of information are you gathering from my computer exactly? Not very comfortable giving you the insane amount of data that it gathered.

Comment

Hi all,

Please take steps below to disable the Anti-ransomware protection to see how it works.

Run Advanced SystemCare Ultimate and Click the Protection Details in the middle of Anti-virus screen ->Turn off Anti-ransomware protection. Please refer to the attached files.

Please run the tool http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper.exe and send us the new file for further analysis if you can run the games when the Anti-ransomware protection is disabled.

Thanks.

Attached Files
            IObit Support Team --
            If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

Well, the warning popup no longer occurs, but the game still doesn't open. It tries to open but then closes itself, the kind of thing that usually happens when a steam game is blocked for some reason.

Comment

Working...
              X