IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

.exe attempting to access blocking games [Wiil be SOLVED by the updated Database]

Aatar

Every time I try and launch a steam game, I get the message ".exe is attempting to access .txt. Do you want to allow it access this file." I select remember and Allow, but the game fails to launch. I try to launch again and I'm met by the exact same message. Both the .exe and the .txt files are what I'm expecting and would allow. It's simply not remembering. I can't find how to fix this, everything is up to date, I've restarted, I've sacrificed a goat.

This is happening to me too. Specifically with Sid Meier's Civilization VI.

It remembers everything else I tell it to but with Civ VI it refuses to let it run no matter what I do.

I'm pretty sure part of the problem is the fact that its trying to access the .txt file but if it needs to do that in order to start then why isn't ASCU11 remembering what I told it to remember?

Hi all,

Would you please send us a screenshot of the message you have got?

Then please download the tool fromhttp://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper.exe

Double click to run this tool on the PC with the problem and click 'Save report'.

After it finishes, you will get a popup window to tell you where the report file IObit_Debug_Info.zip is saved. Click 'OK' button to open that saved folder.

Send the zipped file to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Thanks.

Hi all,

Please take steps below to disable the Anti-ransomware protection to see how it works.

Run Advanced SystemCare Ultimate and Click the Protection Details in the middle of Anti-virus screen ->Turn off Anti-ransomware protection. Please refer to the attached files.

Please run the tool http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper.exe and send us the new file for further analysis if you can run the games when the Anti-ransomware protection is disabled.

Thanks.

I have the same issue. I had to uninstall Advanced SystemCare Ultimate to regain access to the majority of my games & software since the last update had locked down everything without any option to disable these blocks with the rest of the realtime protection, nor is there any option to whitelist the programs to prevent such issues in the future.

Okay, the add attachment isn't working for me, so here's a mega link https://mega.nz/#!k9FgwLwB!6DALcFHIjwfeWrY7QjSEkx81EELrRooj6j0Ri8w4ZX4 enjoy.

Hi all,

Please try steps below.

1) Rename the ASCService.exe. For example:ASCService.bak

(Right-click the shortcut of Advanced SystemCare Ultimate and choose Open file location to find ASCService.exe.)

2)Then reboot your computer and reinstall your steam games to see how it works.

Thanks.

That worked, thank you!

Hi Aatar,

We will update the database to solve the issue you encountered

Please download the new database to replace the original one in the Database folder of the installation path of Advanced SystemCare Ultimate.

1) Download the new database from http://wikisend.com/download/464870/HomepageNoExe.dbd

2?Then put the downloaded HomepageNoExe.dbd into the Database folder of the installation path of Advanced SystemCare Ultimate.

Right click the shortcut of Advanced SystemCare Ultimate on desktop and choose Open File Location to open Installation Path.

3) Then please run your games to see how it works.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I can't play Civ 6 or Pretty much any workshop item on Tabletop Simulator because Advanced System Care stops the game from grabbing the images. I'm getting really tired of trying to find work arounds and fixes for this. Honestly, next time I'm supposed to renew my lincenses for ASC, IMF, and other "helpful" programs I have purchased from this company, I might just take my business elsewhere. None of my friends have this problem with their anti-virus and I'm not really getting any help here. Your link is expired and I know its ASC blocking it because if I turn it off ALL the images that TTS was trying to grab before that got the error magically work.

• 1 month later...

Archived