IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Automatic renewal?

Welcome

Welcome to the forum :smile:

When you first purchased the IObit product at the Avagate website you would have been informed that your license would be auto-renewed, this means the license fee will be automatically paid by the Credit Card or whatever you used to pay the first time.

You were given the option to cancel auto-renew at that time.

In case you want to change the “auto-renew” option, access your Avangate myAccount at:

https://secure.avangate.com/myaccount

From the Avangate Shopper Support FAQ

How do I register with Avangate myAccount?

How can I stop my subscription payments (cancel auto-renewal)?

All the best, woz of oz

Caveat Emptor

I got hit with the same problem last year, and it took the IOBIT Customer Service folks to get Avangate to stop trying to do the 'auto-renew' thing. Something else that I noticed at the time is that Avangate wanted a LOT more for the same program than what IOBIT wanted at the time. THAT, to me, seemed like a bit of a 'rip off'.

So, I guess the answer at this time is: Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware)!

Ken,

Houston, TX

• 4 months later...

It's Happening Again

Avangate is again sending me emails about renewing my ASCU7 License. At least this time, they are not asking for some outrageous price for the renewal. This restarted right after I renewed my license on the IOBit website.

As an FYI, someone (maybe Cicily?) got my name & email removed from Avangate's database of 'people to harass' a few years back.:-D That was greatly appreciated, and unfortunate that they are 'back at it' now.:cry:

As another FYI, my software and hardware have been updated (I'm sorry that I left the reference to ASCU6 but that's been fixed now).

Ken Green,

Houston TX

Welcome to the forum :smile:

When you first purchased the IObit product at the Avagate website you would have been informed that your license would be auto-renewed, this means the license fee will be automatically paid by the Credit Card or whatever you used to pay the first time.

You were given the option to cancel auto-renew at that time.

In case you want to change the “auto-renew” option, access your Avangate myAccount at:

https://secure.avangate.com/myaccount

From the Avangate Shopper Support FAQ

How do I register with Avangate myAccount?

How can I stop my subscription payments (cancel auto-renewal)?

All the best, woz of oz

Hi kennygr143,

Thanks for your feedback.

Please do not worry. The auto renewal service has been cancelled in your account. And you have several orders in your account. You might receive the renewal notifications for the expired codes. If you do not want to renew the license codes, please just ignore the renewal notification.

If you do not want to receive the renewal notifications, we can ask our partner to stop sending. However, it is suggested to keep the renewal notifications or you might forget to renew and disturb your use of our products. :wink:

Thanks for choosing IObit to care your PC.

• 1 year later...

I just went through this exact thing. I even sent paypal the avangate screenshots that show that the auto-renewal was disabled. I am so tired of companies taking advantage of people. I have been an avid support of ASCU since ver 4, this is the 2nd time this has happened, and everyone wants to point fingers at the customer.... How about having confidence in your product and not bury auto renewal in some fine print some where, or make it a hoop to jump through to get it removed. If your product is good enough and you have integrity, you don't have to scam your customers. Hark, they may even refer other customers. my favorite is the 166,000 results to this keyword search: avangate, iobit, auto-renewal scam: https://www.bing.com/search?q=avangate%2C+iobit+auto+renewal+scam&PC=U316&FORM=CHROMN, I will be looking for a replacement product when this 'renewal' expires.

I just went through this exact thing. I even sent paypal the avangate screenshots that show that the auto-renewal was disabled. I am so tired of companies taking advantage of people. I have been an avid support of ASCU since ver 4, this is the 2nd time this has happened, and everyone wants to point fingers at the customer.... How about having confidence in your product and not bury auto renewal in some fine print some where, or make it a hoop to jump through to get it removed. If your product is good enough and you have integrity, you don't have to scam your customers. Hark, they may even refer other customers. my favorite is the 166,000 results to this keyword search: avangate, iobit, auto-renewal scam: https://www.bing.com/search?q=avangate%2C+iobit+auto+renewal+scam&PC=U316&FORM=CHROMN, I will be looking for a replacement product when this 'renewal' expires.

That's sadly bound to happen, and instead of reviewing your problem they'll give you some marketing talk about them and their other products and how much they love themselves. Sickens me that people can be literal zombies when it comes to customer support.

Archived