IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC Untimate Pro with Antivirus.

You are still confusing the issue by calling it ASCU7 Pro with Antivirus.....it is called ASCU 7 and there is only a Pro version.

There used to be a version called ASC + Antivirus. That is no longer available.

Now that we have cleared that up....the answer to your question is...that an upgrade from ASCU 7 To ASCU8 would have no additional cost.

You would simply transfer your ASCU 7 Licence to ASCU8.

Your friend got notice of ASC8 because the final version of ASC8 was released recently.

ASCU 8 has not been released yet. When it is released, you will receive notice the same as your friend.

Yes it has Antivirus. It is called Ultimate because it combines all the features of ASC with a powerful complete Anti-virus program.

I must admit that I find it disconcerting that you would purchase and run a program on your pc without knowing what it actually does.

Did you never go through your settings in ASCU8 to set them to suit your machine??

If you look here at this link, -which you could get by going to the Iobit products site at the top of the forum page,- you will see what ASCU8 has and does.

"Because you have ASCU7-which has antivirus- and you are asking if ASCU8 has antivirus...."

Yes, when updates come out they don't always have the same things as the old programme had.

"while at the same time asking if ASCU8 will be an automatic upgrade."

Yes, I have had many programmes in the past that do not upgrade automatically but rather require the user to delete the programme and then go to the manufacturers web-site to down-load the latest programme.

I don't think there was anything in my post that should have given you the impression that I didn't know what the programme did.

"Because you have ASCU7-which has antivirus- and you are asking if ASCU8 has antivirus...."

Surely it is obvious that if ASCU7 has antivirus then ASCU8 will also have antivirus....plus the fact that as I have explained in depth already ASCU is an combined package of

ASC and Antivirus.

I have no idea what your problem is. I have tried my best to help you. However it appears you are not satisfied.

I will however remind you of the rules of the forum, one of which is that it is not allowed to send personal requests to or ask personal assistance from the Forum leaders, unless specifically advised to do so by a forum leader or in an open forum post when the issue can only be resolved by contacting a specific forum leader.

Any breach of this will result in the user being sanctioned and or banned.

I will make Cicely aware of this matter.

I have no idea what your problem is.

My problem is your attitude. Whilst many are computer geeks, most are not and that is why we come to this forum for advice To be asking whether or not anti-virus will continue with ASCU8 is not an unreasonable question as many programmes sometime change some of the things in the programme and nor is asking whether the update will be automatic as many updates in programmes are not..

To say"I must admit that I find it disconcerting that you would purchase and run a program on your pc without knowing what it actually does."...was insulting and unnecessary.

I will however remind you of the rules of the forum, one of which is that it is not allowed to send personal requests to are ask personal assistance from the Forum leaders, unless specifically advised to do so by a forum leader or in an open forum post when the issue can only be resolved by contacting a specific forum leader.

Any breach of this will result in the user being sanctioned and or banned.

I will make Cicely aware of this matter.

Don't expect me to lose any sleep about that will you? ASC is not the only maintenance programme on the market.

Every single question you asked was answered, and may I add, very promptly. If you read your own posts you will find that you created the confusion. I am not a mind reader and can only act on what you write. If the word "disconcerting" upsets you, then I withdraw it and substitute "concerned". I was simply trying to ensure that you understood the workings of the program.

Please note, that you do not have to be a computer geek, to look up the FAQ's/ Other related Topics such as News & Offers/ ASCU forum...etc..and you would have had all your questions answered, without the risk of having to listen to me.

We are here to help.....but sadly, it is not possible to help and or please everybody.

I will leave this Topic open in the spirit of fairness in order to allow you to reply if you so wish. After which I will close the Topic

as it has ceased to be of any further value to other users.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived