IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Please respond! Windows 8.1 apps wont work!

Isaac .C

So for a couple of months now I have been using my new computer I built. It worked fine at first then when I went into the windows start menu there where X's at the bottoms of my apps. I was immediately concerned because it was a brand new computer. Now you may think this is probably some other problem. You may think that but I installed windows 8.1 on my old laptop and got ASC 8 free it worked fine. Then I decided to go and get ASC 7 ultimate. I went to go to the mail app shortly after it was installed and what do you know, there where little X's all over the place.

This may be a coincidence but I really don't think so. Also I have done atleast 6 hours of research in total of trying to fix this problem, so far I have had little success. I have only managed to get Settings, Mail and The app store to work again with these codes by useing them in the command prompt

:powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\camera\AppxManifest.xml

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\FileManager\AppxManifest.xml

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\ImmersiveControlPanel\AppxManifest.xml

I am not shure what they mean I'm not good with that kind of stuff. Here is an Image with some of the X's so you can see the problem P.s sorry for the low image quality the file size doubled the max.

And if I didn't give enough info I would be happy to reply back I love your Programs and I will continue to use them. And I am also wondering if windows 8 windows 7 start menu has anything to do with it.

Thank you

-Isaac

So did you try the instructions below from post #38...

1. Please open PowerShell according to guidance from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../hh847889.aspx

2. Execute the following command:

((Get-ChildItem "HKLM:SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\AppxAllUserStore\InboxApplications") | Get-ItemProperty).Path | Add-AppxPackage -Register –DisableDevelopmentMode

So did you try the instructions below from post #38...

1. Please open PowerShell according to guidance from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../hh847889.aspx

2. Execute the following command:

((Get-ChildItem "HKLM:SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\AppxAllUserStore\InboxApplications") | Get-ItemProperty).Path | Add-AppxPackage -Register –DisableDevelopmentMode

Yes I have done every thing possible and even considered this not to be the problem and searched the web for hours.

Still no luck I have tryed stuff like http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-troubleshoot-problems-app

Archived