IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Homepage & Search Engine being modified

Good morning all,

I am receiving the following message after closing my web browser (Google Chrome):

Homepage protection found your homepage and search engine was being modified and stopped the action

When I first purchased my laptop and before installing ASC Ulitmate 7 I remember the Bing webpage opening frequently so presume this has something to do with the message.

1) Can someone explain how I can get rid of this annoying situation.

2) Also, can someone tell me if I am entitled to a free upgrade to ultimate 8?

Thank you for reading.

1) Can someone explain how I can get rid of this annoying situation.

That's from Conduit. You can just uninstall that using WIndows. When you installed it, can you recall if you have ticked the boxes for additional installation? 1.gif

2) Also, can someone tell me if I am entitled to a free upgrade to ultimate 8?

Thank you for reading.

Hi goodtyneguy, welcome to IObit Forum! :-)

Yes you are entitled to upgrade to ASC Ultimate 8 free of charge until the expiry date of your existing license for ASC Ultimate 7.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

That's from Conduit. You can just uninstall that using WIndows. When you installed it, can you recall if you have ticked the boxes for additional installation? 1.gif

Thanks for your reply fuzzler, however I do not have conduit installed. I have never heard of it and it does not appear in the programs and features box when going to uninstall a program.

Hi goodtyneguy, welcome to IObit Forum! :-)

Yes you are entitled to upgrade to ASC Ultimate 8 free of charge until the expiry date of your existing license for ASC Ultimate 7.

Cheers.

Thanks enoskype, and thank you for the welcome, I'm off to upgrade now.

Archived