IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Database update frequency

Hi,

I've just installed ASC Ultimate 8 about ten days ago, since then the Db downloads and updates several times a day. Anywhere between 6Mg and 15Mg each time.

That doesn't make sense to me, that works out at a lot of changes every day. If it were replacing the entire Db why would it be small at one point and large at another?

It is becoming annoying. Anyone tell me why this is please?

Hello Orion88 and fosterdrew,

Advanced SystemCare Ultimate adopts incremental update. So the database file size is totally depend on the data we updated each time.

Several updates a day is a little disturbing users. So we have change the update frequency now. Currently, the program will update database once per two day.

Should you have any other suggestion, please feel free to contact us again.

Hello Orion88 and fosterdrew,

Advanced SystemCare Ultimate adopts incremental update. So the database file size is totally depend on the data we updated each time.

Several updates a day is a little disturbing users. So we have change the update frequency now. Currently, the program will update database once per two day.

Should you have any other suggestion, please feel free to contact us again.

Cicely

I most definitely do not agree with updating ASCU every two days. The very minimum should be once per day. Updating an anti-virus database less than once per day, defeats the whole purpose of having the protection. Viruses appear on a regular basis, and a two day gap between updates would be putting all users at risk.

Also, it should be the case that additional updates would occur if significant threats were discovered.

I sincerely hope that Iobit will reconsider this dangerous policy change. If not, then I will certainly stop recommending ASCU, as I would deem the risk unacceptable.

There are always going to be users who are unhappy with update frequency, but they are a small minority. I am quite sure that the majority of users feel safer with regular daily updates.

Hi Cicely,

I agree with Scannan that minimum database update frequency should be AT LEAST 1 per day for an antivirus product such as ASCU.

Less is unacceptable and it will make me reconsider using another Anti-virus software.

This is a serious issue please reconsider the frequency ASAP.

Also, please note that I didn't like the way of response of IObit to such a wrong suggestion and complaint about frequent updates of database for an anti-virus product. I thought ASCU is a serous product taken seriously by IObit. Really disappointed! :-x

IObit could have add an option for manual virus database update to satisfy those who wish to update the virus database less frequently than as was before you have changed the frequency, once a day, or say once per week, (don't worry, if they get infected we will try to help them in Spyware-Malware Removal Help! section :-)) with a warning and a recommendation for auto update.

That's what I would expect from IObit! :idea:

All the best and cheers.

Still no reply from Iobit. I am extremely disappointed that such an important issue as this is being treated so lightly and is being ignored.

I would have expected better from Iobit. As a consequence, I have no option but to contact those users to whom I have recommended ASCU, and inform them that I

no longer have confidence in it's safety and or ability to protect their systems, and to recommend that they acquire alternative anti-virus protection from a reputable

company who updates their databases frequently, and who are committed to the protection of their users systems.

It is still my sincere hope that Iobit will review their position on this issue, as up to now their product has been excellent.

Hi Enoskype

Yes, it is very unprofessional of Iobit to completely ignore this issue. I fully understand and share your frustration.

I will not however, allow it to upset me any further. Rather than asking for a response at this stage, I will simply advise users who are

experiencing issues with ASCU, of the change in update frequency and the dangers it entails. I have also advised many associates of

this issue and they have now switched to an alternative anti-virus program. I have also advised companies who I consult for and they have

removed it from their system. As you know, it is very difficult to win back customers once you lose them for an issue such as this.

Hello All,

Sorry for my late reply. I mistakenly ignored this section. In future, please send a PM to me if some thread need my reply. :)

I fully understand your points and I am totally agree with you.

So I have asked the product team to consider it again.

Now the update frequency was changed to once per day.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

Archived