IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Installed and ran Advan 8 for the first time, is there an opt out for passwords ?

I downloaded from CNET and ran Advanced System 8 FREE, last night. It works quite well, I have other FREE cleaners that don't do as good of a job. Anyhow, when I came back to my computer this AM after shutting it down last night, all my saved passwords were gone ! So...is there a way of opting out having passwords removed when doing a scan as other registry cleaners do ?

Thanks, Ted

Hi AdvanTedII, welcome to IObit Forum! :-)

Open the Settings window by clicking on More Settings on the top right of the main GUI of ASC8, find the relevant items in Browser Anti-Tracking, Privacy Sweep, and Auto Clean and clear the checkboxes for them and Apply.

Cheers.

I just ran Advanced System 8 FREE again. I had UN checked the remove password boxes. I checked them again...OK. After I ran it, I checked to see if passwords were still intact, they were. Then I shut my machine down and restarted it. ALL passwords removed ???!!! What gives ?? HELP!

I just ran Advanced System 8 FREE again. I had UN checked the remove password boxes. I checked them again...OK. After I ran it, I checked to see if passwords were still intact, they were. Then I shut my machine down and restarted it. ALL passwords removed ???!!! What gives ?? HELP!

Please calm down and explain what the issue is. We cannot help if we do not understand the problem.

Hello Advantedll,

Have you unchecked the relevant settings in all the three places: Browser Anti-Tracking, Privacy Sweep, and Auto Clean ?

If you already did this, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelperV8.exe

Double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop. Please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Well....no more problems ! Just uninstalled Advanced System 8 FREE ! Can't deal with the disappearing passwords.

I did like the way it performed and the way it looked while doing it !

And of course, no real answers here doesn't help !

I hope you can iron out these problems, it'll be a nice utility then !

Sorry to hear that. Also sorry you consider our efforts to assist you as "No real answers". You are obviously someone who is used to having their problems solved for them.

I will however say that I find Iobit;s response (or rather lack of) disappointing. It has been a week since you sent the de-bug report as requested and still no reply from Iobit. Particularly as this is an unusual problem which has not cropped up before.

This lack of response will of course result in the loss of users, such as yourself.

We are all just computer users. All the users who try to assist on the Forum are all volunteers. We do not work for Iobit, so it is not our software either. We try our best, and give freely of our time and effort. When we cannot find a solution, we rely on the Iobit support.

Hello AdvanTedII,

Sorry for my late reply. Actually, we find you are using Advanced SystemCare 8 not Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 8.

To solve this bug, please download the fix demo from http://www.wikisend.com/download/821448/FixDemo-ASC.zip

Unzip the demo >> Double click fixdemo.exe to run it >> click Do fix button >> launch Advanced SystemCare to scan again to see whether it remove your passwords.

No matter the demo works, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelperV8.exe

Double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop. Please send it to us for further analyzing.

BY THE WAY, to get fast support response, it is recommended to contact our support team via email. You can reach me at support@iobit.com. We usually get back to users within 24 hours in work days.

Archived