IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Trojan Found in ASC after updating to ASC9

I downloaded and installed ASC 9 after using 8. And on the first scan this came up

Advanced SystemCare Ultimate Report

System:Windows 7

x64 Bit:True

Scan mode:FullScan

Update time:2016-03-02 11:29:16

Scan time:02.03.2016 10:56

Time elapsed:00:00:00

Objects scanned:1103218

Detections:1

Fixed:1

Scan Settings

------------------------------------------------

Fix threats found automatically: True

Skip files larger than: 50 MB

Maximum recursion depth 20

Scan executable files and document files only: False

Whitelist

Details

C:\Program files (X86)\IObit\Advanced systemcare ultimate\Iconpin32.exe Gen:Trojan.Heur.DP.bUW@a4pyVbhi Quarantined

I am left wondering if this has been there a while, and only the latest update of ASC was able to detect it. Or if it came with the new version I downloaded.

I just upgraded to ASC Ultimate 9 and got the same Trojan. I spent hours yesterday trying to remove the Trojan and get back to normal. My virus scanning sw (FSecure, provided by charter) did remove the Trojan. But after that my Internet Explorer 11 history and address history (pulldowns from the left and right of the address bar in IE 11) are no longer kept. Going back to a known good system restore fixes that. But now, just installing ASC 8 or ASC 9 causes the deletion and failure to build-up those two histories. In addition, I got a troubling message from my google taskbar this am that my computer was generating extremely high message traffic. I am running more virus/spyware scans this am to see what is up. I have un-installed all IOBIT sw as well. Please help. I have been am ASC customer for many years.

I just upgraded to ASC Ultimate 9 and got the same Trojan. I spent hours yesterday trying to remove the Trojan and get back to normal. My virus scanning sw (FSecure, provided by charter) did remove the Trojan. But after that my Internet Explorer 11 history and address history (pulldowns from the left and right of the address bar in IE 11) are no longer kept. Going back to a known good system restore fixes that. But now, just installing ASC 8 or ASC 9 causes the deletion and failure to build-up those two histories. In addition, I got a troubling message from my google taskbar this am that my computer was generating extremely high message traffic. I am running more virus/spyware scans this am to see what is up. I have un-installed all IOBIT sw as well. Please help. I have been am ASC customer for many years.

Unfortunately, I cannot help with the Trojan issue....only Iobit can...and they seem to be very reluctant to do so.

For your history issue, please carefully check your Privacy Sweep settings and your autoclean settings.

Thanks Scannan. I have checked the Privacy Sweep and Autoclean settings, and they are fine. This particular symptom (deletion of IE 11 history and address bar history after installing ASC) is very consistent. If I back out to a known good system restore, IE is fine. Just installing (not even running) ASC causes these symptoms. Iobit insists this Trojan was a "false positive" but it caused numerous problems on my laptop, including messages from Google indicating my PC was generating huge amounts of network traffic and a pop-up that indicated I had a virus and to call a phone number for help (which I think was a scam, caused by the ASC upgrade package). Net is that I had NONE of these problems before installing the ASC 9.0 upgrade. When I look online at the Trojan.Heur.DP types of Trojan, they look pretty bad, and indicate that this Trojan is used to hack people's financial data. So I have changed all my passwords, and contacted the credit bureaus and put a fraud alert on my/my wife's credit reports. So if anyone requests our credit report we get notified. I will not re-install IOBit software until I get some assurance that this bug is fixed. It was not yesterday morning. I may ask for a refund of my ASC payment.

Hi cmyawn,

Welcome to IObit Forums.

For the issue of Trojan.Heur.DP.bUW@a4pyVbhi, we've solved it in the latest version. Please download and install the latest ASC Ultimate from http://update.iobit.com/dl/asc-ultimate-setup.exe

For the issue of deletion of IE 11 history and address bar history, please follow the steps below to set ASC Ultimate.

1.Open ASC Ultimate -> click Options icon on the top left corner of the main screen and select Settings -> click Privacy Sweep under Care.

2.Uncheck all the options under Internet Explorer column -> click Apply.

3.Click AutoClean under Automatic Service in the Settings window -> check the option "Sync the same setting from Privacy Sweep" -> click Apply.

4.Also in Settings window -> click Browser Anti-Tracking -> check the option "Sync the same setting from Privacy Sweep"-> click Apply and OK.

Cheers.

• 5 months later...
I downloaded and installed ASC 9 after using 8. And on the first scan this came up

Advanced SystemCare Ultimate Report

System:Windows 7

x64 Bit:True

Scan mode:FullScan

Update time:2016-03-02 11:29:16

Scan time:02.03.2016 10:56

Time elapsed:00:00:00

Objects scanned:1103218

Detections:1

Fixed:1

Scan Settings

Fix threats found automatically: True

Skip files larger than: 50 MB

Maximum recursion depth 20

Scan executable files and document files only: False

Whitelist

Details

C:\Program files (X86)\IObit\Advanced systemcare ultimate\Iconpin32.exe Gen:Trojan.Heur.DP.bUW@a4pyVbhi Quarantined

I am left wondering if this has been there a while, and only the latest update of ASC was able to detect it. Or if it came with the new version I downloaded.

Iconpin32.exe, if my guess is correct, is the program that sets the ASC icon to a smiley face or a frowney face depending on when you ran your last scan.

What probably happened is your antivirus software saw this executable, noticed that it was changing the ASC icon, and flagged it as self-modifying code.

Archived