IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Hard Drive Error

bnjroo

Lately, I've been having problems with my Lenovo Z70-80 laptop, running Windows 10 x64. Usually, I get notifications to "Restart to Fix Drive Errors," and there's the occasional BSOD. I haven't had many issues with this laptop, but in the last couple months has been driving me crazy. I even went so far as to reset everything and reinstall the OS. Today, after a drive error notification and BSOD crash, I ran ASCU9 and copied the attached Disk Error Report. Does this mean anything to anyone? Hard drive scans come up error-free and this ASCU9 scan was after a BSOD and CHKDSK reboot, which should have fixed the error, am I right in thinking this? Laptop is only 20 months old. Do I need a new HDD?

Hi bnjroo,

Did you use chkdsk /F command (for your system drive, because if no drive is specified, it will do C: drive by default) in Command prompt (Admin) and entered Y (yes) afterwards and restart the PC when you have used CHKDSK? As it seems that your indexing is corrupted and not corrected with the restart of your PC.

After it finishes, please do the same again to see if it has the same errors.

Also, SFC /SCANNOW command in Command prompt (Admin) will be a good choice after finishing with chkdsk.

BTW, you may be aware that if you use Smart Defrag 5, there is the option of checking the hard disk clicking on the PC health spot on the upper right corner of each disk square, and the report may reveal if there is an error there.

Cheers.

?Hi bnjroo,

It seems that you do not install the latest ASC 10.1 which can be downloaded from http://www.iobit.com/en/advancedsystemcarefree.php. Please install it and run a disk scan to see there is any problem.

If you receive BSOD again, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper.exe -> Double click to run this tool on the PC with problem and click 'Save report'. -> After it finishes, you will get a popup window to tell you where the report file IObit_Debug_Info.zip is saved. Click 'OK' button to open that saved folder. -> Send the zipped file to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

?

Thanks in advance.

Archived