IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Sophos Endpoint Corporate is stopping ASC.exe from running, declaring it a PUP.

wiles01

This morning I started getting notices from Sophos Endpoint, (which I am required to use by the company I work for), that ASC.exe was a PUP and is keeping it from executing.

I am unable to adjust the whitelist/allowances file for my company since it is not in my control.

Sucks that I'm paying money for software that I can no longer use!

Any ideas?

Hi wiles01,

Please be assured that our program is definitely clean.

The False Positive should have been removed in our latest version of Advanced SystemCare PRO. Please download and install the latest version from the link below:

http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-SystemCare-Free/3000-2086_4-10407614.html?part=dl-&subj=dl&tag=button

Thanks and please let us know the result.

• 1 month later...

Hello wiles01.

Sophos AV is marking ASC as PUP (potentially unwanted program) because ASC as utility, optimizes your pc security and performance.One way of how it is managing to do that is by cleaning and optimizing your windows registry from old and corrupted registry records. That is why Sophos marked ASC as PUP.

As cicely already said ASC and other IObit software are definitely clean, and if update of ASC didn`t solve your problem, you can always add an exception for ASC in Sophos Endpoint av.

Cheers! :-)

Archived