IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Performance Monitor and Memory problems

clayto

I have had problems with Memory for a while. The little Performance Monitor Desktop gauge, showing Memory and CPU with the ability to clean Memory with a click, has been useful. But I now have an issue with it, having installed the comprehensive SysGuage Monitor for comparisons. It shows that a short while after start up the IOB gauge constantly under reports the % Memory usage, usually by between 10% and 20% or even more. So when the IOB gauge is showing an acceptable 60% or less, usage is really at least 70% or sometimes even 90% (well in the red) My computer tells me to close programs (even when few are open), it freezes, it crashes ---- usually at the worst possible moment of course. This greatly reduces the usefulness of IOB's cleaner. Can this discrepancy be explained, and can the performance of the Monitor / Cleaner be improved?

Hi clayto,

Do you mean SysGuage Monitor shows that Performance Monitor on desktop takes up 10% to 20% memory usage for a short time after computer startup?

If yes, please take a screenshot of SysGuage Monitor window that shows Performance Monitor takes up 10% to 20% memory usage, and send the screenshot to us. Guide for taking screenshots: http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

And please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper.exe. Then double click to run this tool on the PC with problem and click "Save report". After it finishes, you will get a pop up window to tell you where the report file IObit_Debug_Info.zip is saved. Click "OK" button to open that saved folder. Please send the zipped file to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

No, that is not quite right. At start up both IOB Performance Monitor and SysGauge showed the same memory usage, then after a while in the same session they moved apart with Performance Monitor understating usage (compared to SysGauge) by a significant %. However, in the time I have taken to reply I have further information. I did what I should have done before and examined memory usage shown in the TaskManager which I presume can be regarded as 'gospel'. It seems to show Performance Monitor to be more accurate, with SysGauge regularly showing usage to be higher than shown in TaskManage as well as Performance Monitor. I will try to get advice from from the SysGauge developers on this.

?Instead of concern about the accuracy of different monitors I would now rather tackle the core issue of the poor memory management by my PC, with frequent low memory warnings, and some crashes (which did not happen until a few weeks ago). In case it helps with this I will download the tool you refer to above and send you the report requested.

Hi clayto,

For high memory usage, please follow the steps to attach us the screenshots about the memory usage of your computer when it get high.

Right click Taskbar and choose Task Manager -> click Processes -> show processes from all users -> click Memory and take a screenshot about the memory list.

Guide for taking screenshots:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

?I have been occupied with the installation of Creators update and the consequences both good and bad. During this I have not had high memory usage problems very often, but it too early to know if this is a permanent change as I have not been using the PC normally, so I will report in a while.

?I have requested help on another issue via Support so I am just explaining here to keep you in the picture. A new AV reverts my Pro version to Free, and when I re-activate it Performance Monitor is not restored, even after a re-boot. I I need to know how to get it back. It is not explained in the Manual.

Hi clayto,

Please send us the screenshot when you get high memory usage again.

For Performance Monitor issue, please try to reinstall our latest ASC 10.4 to see how it works: ?http://update.iobit.com/dl/advanced-systemcare-setup.exe

Thanks.

Archived