IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Advance System Care : Privacy Sweep?

Darto

I don't understand why after a scan for 'Privacy Sweep' it seems impossible to chose which items to FIX and which items to not FIX. Advance System Care 11 seems to only offer to fix every 'Privacy Sweep' item or fix none of the 'Privacy Sweep' items.

Almost everybody needs browser history saved, and they need it badly. Want to revisit somewhere you were on the internet sometime in the past many days ago, but not sure the page name, then you use your browser history. Almsot everybody who is on the internet a lot uses browser history all the time.

Advance System Care (some previous editions from long ago) used to let you chose any 'Privacy Sweep' item you did NOT want fixed from a list and still let ASC fix the rest of the Privacy Sweep items. Apparently the later editions of ASC cannot do this. Which seems crippled to me.

I have thousands of Privacy Sweep items I need fixed. ASC can't fix them unless it also deletes all my valuable browser history. No way I'm ever going to do that.

In other words it seems to me ASC can't do this basic item which internet users need done.

Hi Darto,

If you do not want Advanced SystemCare to clear your data from your browser, please follow the steps below:

1. Open Advanced SystemCare -> click Options on the top left corner of the main screen to choose Settings > click Privacy Sweep > uncheck the items that you do not want to be cleared from your browsers, and uncheck the option ‘Delete the browser history older than 1 week’ > click Apply button.

2. Click AutoClean > check the options ‘Automatically sweep surfing history, cookies, browser cache etc. at bootup’ and ‘Sync the same setting from Privacy Sweep’ > click Apply button.

3. Also in Settings window > click Browser Anti-Tracking > check the option ‘Sync the same setting from Privacy Sweep’ > click Apply button.

Hope it helpful for you.

Thank you, that cured my problem nicely. I use iobit ASC daily and I would have done as you suggested over a year ago if I had known there was an OPTIONS menu. But there is no menu item labeled OPTIONS. It's just a tiny square composed of three tiny horizontal lines. Because it is not labeled I had no clue it was even there (yes I had looked for a settings area and could never find it).

So thank you again Cicely for providing the map to ASC'S hidden feature.

Thank you, that cured my problem nicely. I use iobit ASC daily and I would have done as you suggested over a year ago if I had known there was an OPTIONS menu. But there is no menu item labeled OPTIONS. It's just a tiny square composed of three tiny horizontal lines. Because it is not labeled I had no clue it was even there (yes I had looked for a settings area and could never find it).

So thank you again Cicely for providing the map to ASC'S hidden feature.

Hi Darto,

You can see Options when you hover your mouse on the tiny square composed of three tiny horizontal lines. :-):-)

Cheers.

Archived