IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

A Known Bug In Advanced SystemCare V7 Beta 2.0 Affecting Metro Apps of Windows 8 & 8.1

Cicely

Dear IObit Users,

We are sorry to tell you that there is a bug regarding Junk Files Clean in Advanced SystemCare V7 Beta 2.0.

Junk Files Clean in Care module may delete a system file of Windows 8 & 8.1 that will cause malfunction of Metro Apps. And there will be a "X" at the bottom right corner of each app in Metro.

To solve this problem, please click each app in Metro and then click Go to the Store to repair it individually.

We confirm that this issue is solved in upcoming Advaned SystemCare V7 Beta 3.0

Sincerely sorry for all the inconvenience caused by this bug.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You should also look into this bug....

The solution you posted isn't working for me. I've tested this twice on 2 system and can confirm advanced systemcare has caused this issue and also broke the windows store as well because clicking on it does nothing...Gotta dump system care until all windows 8.1 problems are fixed...This will be my 4th reformat after confirming advanced system care is to blame, as well as the bitlocker not being associated bug...and all windows 8.1 file associations are broken too. Can't get any default programs to stick with any associations at all. You can set them with multiple methods however none work now. I confirm its advanced system care because this was tested out after discovering it on a clean system, and a reformat to confirm, just in case...Major fail as far as im concerned. Dont get me wrong its a good program that ive used and referred to many people over the years. However, to cause that much damage to a system which the only solution is to reformat is rediculous. Especially for a product that was branded WIN 8.1 Compatable...good luck with fixing all the bugs...

Hi mastermind420,

Thanks for your feedback.

To look into the issue, please give us the following details:

1)What do you mean by " broke the windows store" ? Please describe the issue more clearly with related screenshots.

2)Which functions of ASC did you run before the issue? And please check and make sure that you have the latest ASV v7 final version from http://www.iobit.com/downloadcenter.php?product=advanced-systemcare

3) Please download the tool from http://download.iobit.com/test/info-helper-v7.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop. Please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

1) clicking on the windows store on the metro screen only goes to desktop, does not open the windows store.

2) I ran the standard checked off scanning functions...

3) and as far as testing the latest new release I have no desire to risk bricking my system again. It took some time for me to rebuild my system back to where I want...so needless to say my system is no longer in the original condition in which these bugs occured. Nor is advanced system care installed anymore. I would like to help but in doing so risking my own system again isn't gonna happen...

Hi mastermind420,

Thanks for your precious information.

I will report it to our product team to test the situation you mentioned. But we are not sure that we can reproduce issue. If you can run ASC again to see whether the issue continues and download the tool that I mentioned and send us IObit_Debug_Info.zip to help us look into the issue, we will appreciate it very much. Certainly, I can understand your worries that you do not want to try it again.

Anyway, sincerely thanks for your continual feedbacks. :wink:

I have the same problem as mastermind420

I submitted a support ticket last night with the debug zip file from the diag tool. This is Windows 8.1. ASC 6 was working fine. I was able to restore to the day before installing ASC 7, which corrected all the apps problems.

Now trying to decide whether to upgrade ASC 6 to 7 Pro again and just disable the junk file cleanup and the registry clean (from issues posted on other threads).

Still no response to my support ticket

I still haven't heard anything back on this, no acknowledgment that I even posted a support ticket, no guidance on what I should do. Your product that I paid for has trashed my system and forced me to do a restore to 10 days ago! This is rather poor customer support. If this is what I can expect, I think I will request my money back.

Hi rlynch,

Sorry for my late reply.

We have received your Email and forwarded the IObit_Debug_Info.zip to our product team to look into the issue. I will get back to you asap.

Thanks for your cooperation to help us look into the issue. :-D

• 3 months later...

Hi, do you have any suggestion for the problém described by mastermind? I have the same issue (and from the search on the internet it seems I am not alone), but only suggested solution is systém reinstall.

Creating "systém care" tool which screws the system up doesn't look like the best idea to me...

My system is Win 8.1, I had ASC 7 installed (dont know exact version, but I have dowloaded few days ago. It is not any more on the PC and no your tool will be).

Thanks.

Same problem

My Metro apps don't work also. I Was blaming on the WIN 8.1 Update I did. I See now it is probably related to Advance System Care Pro 7.

Re suggestions to go to the "Store" and reinstall apps to fix each app individually ??!! ........... Problem is, My MS Win 8 " STORE" app does not work either. I discovered this when I was going to try the same fix on my own intuition.

Since I can not get to the Win 8 APP store any suggestions on how to fix this mess short of a complete reinstall. Also I don't want to have to pay again for the Win 8 Pro upgrade with the "Media " upgrade options, as already installed on my current win 8.1 system install.

Any suggestions ?

I'm sure Advance system pro shuts of (Disables) the Windows Media Sharing Service on all my systems after I run a Advance System Pro scan and "repair". I can deal with that, (But I whish Iobit would fix that also) but it appears A.S.Pro 7 has really messed up my new Win 8.1 system.

Unfortunately I have to confirm the problem, as it spoiled my W8.1 x64 on my workstation laptop too.

I think it concerns some permission registries and I am in doubt that it will be corrected by any remedy other than reinstall.

W 8.1 MS tool AppsDiagnostic.diagcab for Apps does not help either.

Cheers.

Thanks - Hoever : IOBIT should fix their mistakes with a patch to resore the Win 8.1 apps on their customeers machines.

Yes. It seems that way. You would think however that IOBIT would figure out what they did, and write a patch to put the broken egg (system) back together. i.e. replace what they removed and changed with ASC (pro) 7.0 . XXX

Hi all,

Sorry to hear the bad news. :cry:

To look into the issue, could you please download download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelperV7.exe via your other computer and use a USB drive to connect to your Windows 8.1 computer.

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop. Please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi all,

We checked related information online. It is found that the issue you described may be from Microsoft itself. Here is the related information http://news.softpedia.com/news/Metro-Apps-Fail-to-Launch-After-Windows-8-1-Update-399293.shtml

Is it the situation that you mentioned? If it is, we hope that Microsoft can solve the issue asap.

Looking forward to your reply.

Hi Cicely,

Some similar problems may have come from MS, but I am positively sure that the reason for my problems was not Microsoft, but the reason could have been combination of using software such as SD3 (Deep Analyse and clean) and ASC7.2 (registry cleaning and reg defrag).

Cheers.

possible cause

Hi All,

if the following registry key is changed,

to completely turn off UAC

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

Key: EnableLUA

Value data: 0

>>> NB This prevents Metro/Modern apps from working. <<<

Roy

• 9 months later...
i need help, my metro apps dont work, i used a lot of the iobit and didnt realize when it happend, wen i click on any of the metro apps it just brings me to desktop, and i cant even go to pc settings to restart my laptop, i keep on adding the attachment u guys need, but it wont let me

Hi U_DONT_NEED_TO_KNOW,

Could you please tell us which version of Advanced SystemCare you are using? Please try a system restore to a previous date to see whether the issue can be solved?

Thanks very much for your work.