IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Switch from ASC Pro 7 to ASC Ultimate 7?

comp12

Hi,

I've just upgraded from ASC Pro 6 to ASC Pro 7 and the latter works just excellently.

My license for ASC runs until 18th November and I know I can renew it for small money.

My question is how much more I'll have to pay after renewing my license, for changing from ASC Pro 7 to ASC Ultimate 7 when the latter comes out or is this change free?

I have noticed that renewing license for ASC Pro 6 or changing to ASC Ultimate 6 were exactly identically priced.

Hi guys,

Thanks for your feedbacks.

Advanced SystemCare and Advanced SystemCare Ultimate are two different products that need different license code to register. AS a Pro user of ASC v6, you can update to ASC v7 Pro for Free. Also, you can update to ASC Ultimate v7 Pro for free, if you have a valid license code for ASC Ultimate V6 Pro.

Currently, there is a promotion. As a Pro user of ASC, you can enjoy a large discount to purchase the Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6 at : http://www.iobit.com/ascav-register.php

AS we mentioned before, the license code for ASC Ultimate v6 can be used on ASC v7 Pro.

Thanks for choosing IObit to care your PC

Hi Cicely,

Thanks for reply, but my questions were as follow:

1. I know I can now change from ASC 7 Pro to ASC Ultimate 6 for 12.99 $.

2. My present license for ASC 7 Pro expires in two weeks, so if I change now to ASC 6 U, will upgrade by the end of November from ASC U 6 to ASC U 7 be free of charge?

Immaculens

Your ASC 6 Pro Licence can only be used for ASC 7 Pro.

Your ASCU 6 Pro Licence can only be used for ASCU 7 Pro.

However:

If you have ASC 6 Pro you can get a special deal to convert to ASCU 6 pro.

If you have ASC 7 Pro you can get a special deal to convert to ASCU 7 pro.

There is no Licence interchangeablity between ASC and ASCU.

There is a special deal for ASC users to change to ASCU.

So am I misunderstanding Cicely or is Cicely mistaken?

AS we mentioned before, the license code for ASC Ultimate v6 can be used on ASC v7 Pro.

Immaculens

Your ASC 6 Pro Licence can only be used for ASC 7 Pro.

Your ASCU 6 Pro Licence can only be used for ASCU 7 Pro.

However:

If you have ASC 6 Pro you can get a special deal to convert to ASCU 6 pro.

If you have ASC 7 Pro you can get a special deal to convert to ASCU 7 pro.

There is no Licence interchangeablity between ASC and ASCU.

There is a special deal for ASC users to change to ASCU.

Immaculens

I am assuming that Cicely meant to say :

the license code for ASC Ultimate v6 can be used on ASC Ultimate v7.

I say this because she has previously stated very clearly that the ASC licence cannot be used for ASCU, as they are two completely unique programs.

However a special deal will be done if you want to change from ASC to ASCU, which will incur an additional small charge as ASCU is more epensive.

Immaculens

I am assuming that Cicely meant to say :

the license code for ASC Ultimate v6 can be used on ASC Ultimate v7.

I say this because she has previously stated very clearly that the ASC licence cannot be used for ASCU, as they are two completely unique programs.

However a special deal will be done if you want to change from ASC to ASCU, which will incur an additional small charge as ASCU is more epensive.

I have ASC U 6 and was just eager to try the ASC 7 Pro... I'll of course upgrade to the ASC U 7 when released...

Upgrading To ASCU 7 From ASC 7 Pro

Hi,

I am a new member here as of yesterday and have used ASC products for a long time. I had a question regarding the upgrade from ASC 7 Pro at the current discounted price of $12.99 for members who are due for renewal and want to upgrade even though ASCU 7 has not been released yet. I was unable to post this yesterday so I sent a pm to the admins and received a response back from both admins I pm'd.

As I mentioned, I have ASC 7 Pro and my license is up for renewal in 3 weeks. When I went to upgrade to ASCU, I was not aware that ASCU 7 was not available yet and would be upgrading to ASCU 6.5. I didn't want to pay $12.99 to upgrade without knowing whether or not I would have to pay to get ASCU 7 when it becomes available. I was told that if I upgraded to ASCU 6.5 for $12.99, once ASCU 7 is available it will be free since I would have a valid license for ASCU 6.5. That was simple enough for me, so I am upgrading to ASCU 6.5 and will wait for the release of ASCU 7.

I hope what I have said makes sense and if not, please feel free to ask me to clarify anything that doesn't make sense or ask Cicely or wizofoz. They were the two admins that responded to my pm regarding not being able to post my question about this after activating my account via the email I received. It was stated very clearly in the responses I received.

I look forward to meeting new members here and learning more about different aspects of ASC products and also helping others in any way I am able to do so. 8:)

Upgrading To ASCU 7 From ASC 7 Pro

Since I have Comodo Internet Security with built-in antivirus, I think it's anyway not necessary for me to have two suites with that.

I'll stay with ASC Pro 7.

Sorry for taking your time.

Hi comp12,

You are right, you don't need another software including anti-virus.

You can think of changing your Anti virus when the expiration time comes. Then it may be cheaper to have antivirus and ASC together.

FYI, security experts suggest that it is not good to have more than 1 (One) real-time antivirus at the same time. So always stick with one you like.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks enoskype!

Hi Holleywood, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

It works as you have described and your expectation is correct.

Cheers.

Hi enoskype,

I apologize for just now getting back on the forum and seeing your welcome message. Our IP provider leaves little to be desired...they literally suck. Please excuse my poor choice of words as I am not one to use profanity or even the word I just used. Our IP provider tells you they are to keep their customers up and running 24/7, yet when you have a problem, they do not have many competent techs to provide support. I've learned to resolve problems myself to avoid calling tech support when their is an issue. However, when it's not an issue on my end and it's on their end and their equipment, I am left with no choice and then it gets frustrating.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you for the welcome and to let you know we had been without Internet access and I don't like using my phone for tech forums such as this. And also thanks for confirming what I had posted about the upgrade. I didn't know if anyone had posted anything after me due to the Internet issue and I didn't want anyone to think I posted it and just left. I'm glad to be back online and learning more about ASCU 7. Once again, thanks. 8-)

ASC 7 Pro License vs. Upgrading to ASCU 7 Pro License

It seems there is some confusion regarding how members using ASC 7 Pro who want to upgrade to ASCU 6 Pro using their current license for ASC 7 Pro. I found when I went to upgrade to ASCU 6 Pro from ASC 7 Pro, when I entered my license for ASC 7 Pro to upgrade it stated that my license did not exist. If I entered my license to renew ASC 7 Pro, it came up at the discounted price of 57% of $12.97. It let me know that the licenses are not interchangeable between the two different products. I've heard some say it is and some say it is not; however, it would not accept my ASC 7 Pro license and would make sense because they are two different products. I continued to search around to see if I could find where I would be able to upgrade to ASCU 6 Pro for that same discounted price. I found that if you are an ASC 7 Pro user you cannot get ASCU 6 Pro for $12.97 which would be the same 57% discount. Consequently, I did find that because I was an ASC 7 Pro user, I could still get a better deal than someone who is not already a licensed user. As an ASC 7 Pro user, the price to upgrade to ASCU 6 Pro was $19.99 and that was the 1 year subscription and covers 3 PC's. Also, when ASCU 7 Pro is officially released, you will receive the upgrade to it at no additional charge. So, if anyone has not renewed/upgraded from ASC 7 Pro to ASCU 6 Pro, this is likely what you will find, as well. If anyone has upgraded and received an ASCU 6 Pro license for $12.97, please let me know. I looked everywhere and because they are two different products I could see why the licenses would not be interchangeable and would cost the additional $6.00. It's worth it in my opinion. If anyone has more information regarding upgrading and the price or has had a different experience from what I have stated here, please post whatever you have found. I hope this might be of some help and if I come across any other information I will be sure to post it here. Thanks so much. 8-)

Hi all,

@ Holleywood, as dev3 said and you found that ASC and ASC Ultimate are 2 different products. The licese code for ASC can not be used to AsC Ultimate. Certainly, the license code for ASC Ultimate can not be used on ASC Pro.

@ all, As a Pro user of ASC , you can buy a license code for ASC Ultimate with large discount at http://www.iobit.com/ascav-register.php

And the license code for ASC Ultimate v6 can be used on ASC v7 Ultimate for free.

Thanks for choosing IObit to care your PC.

Hi Holleywood,

I will try to make it more clear for you:

If you go to the page Cicely has given in the previous post and enter your ASC Pro license into the box below and click the Update Chart button, you will be offered for Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6 (1 year subscription) - 1yr, 3PC licence for 9.9 $ (US Dollars)

Cheers.

@ Cicely: I thought it would be highly unlikely for the licenses between ASC and ASCU would be interchangeable; however, the way some things are worded on the IObit site and reading questions here in the forum from others who were not sure can make you second guess yourself...and I am one who will research things to no end before I make a purchase. Just one of my idiosyncracies. :mrgreen:

@ enoskype: Thanks for your post. I had already figured everything out and have upgraded to ASCU 6 Pro using my ASC 7 Pro license to get the discount which was listed as $19.99 for a 1 year subscription for 3 PC's. However, I actually only ended up paying $12.99 which is the discount for ASCU 6 Pro users. I don't know how it worked out that way, but I'm not complaining. 8:) I entered my ASC 7 Pro license and reviewed the purchase and it showed my total price as $12.99. I proceeded with the purchase and received my confirmation and the 3 emails with all the information I needed to activate ASCU 6 Pro. I didn't expect to get it for $12.99 and I wasn't going to argue with my computer over what the site showed the cost to be for the purchase. :-P Anyway, I have ASCU 6 Pro and have installed it on 2 of my systems so far with no problems. Everything is working fine...I am a little worried about installing it on my laptop which runs Windows 8.1. I want to do some more research before that installation.

Thanks to both for the provided info. 8:)

Archived