Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

UI too big for netbook

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • UI too big for netbook

    Hi all, i downloaded and purchased the PRO version of ASC 7.3 on my netbook 1024x600 screen resolution. I noticed that the user interface of this new ASC is too large compared with the previous. Going on program settings I noticed that I was not even possible to press various buttons "OK" or "Apply" because are pulled down of the screen.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	d7e33a0e4229ae335a6f497398910085.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	13128 LIKE THIS

    Now the question is, how i can use the software correctly if I can not even press the task?

    is there any way to reduce the UI?

    Thanks in advance :wink:

  • #2
    Hi Rikval,

    I agree that the new GUI is TOO BIG.

    The former GUI size was much better.

    I have already suggested that to IObit, but it seems that the coders are insisting.

    If more users want the smaller size, IObit will re-think again!

    Unticking the option "keep on top" for taskbar, or automatic hiding in the properties of Taskbar, perhaps will be a temporary soution for you.

    Cheers.
    enoskype

    - Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -

    Comment


    • #3
      what, v7.3? BTW you could try hiding taskbar and anything else docked on your desktop. Hope this helps. :smile:
      Last edited by dev3; Nov. 15th, 2013, 09:45.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by enoskype View Post
        Hi Rikval,

        I agree that the new GUI is TOO BIG.

        The former GUI size was much better.

        I have already suggested that to IObit, but it seems that the coders are insisting.

        If more users want the smaller size, IObit will re-think again!

        Unticking the option "keep on top" for taskbar, or automatic hiding in the properties of Taskbar, perhaps will be a temporary soution for you.

        Cheers.
        Originally posted by dev3 View Post
        what, v7.3? BTW you could try hiding taskbar and anything else docked on your desktop. Hope this helps. :smile:
        Hey, thanks for the good advice, but it's equal :( Also hiding the taskbar the buttons are not seen (Too big for 1024x600) and i can't personalize the main settings of the software (Theme, Auto Clean, and stuff like this) The main GUI of ASC 6 it's perfect for my netbook and the coder had to keep that. I am a fan of Advanced System Care since the first version 4 and I regret having to have this limitation.

        No solution?
        Last edited by Rikval445; Nov. 15th, 2013, 17:26.

        Comment


        • #5
          Many users use asc on laptop, so I recommend in the next update (7.0.6) to resize the main GUI to keep everyone happy, also because apart from laptops, this new GUI is too large it seems a bit cumbersome, so i recommend to resize crop this:

          Click image for larger version

Name:	6f3e1744571147ddc8a97a39f1470db6.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	13136

          And the result is like this:

          Click image for larger version

Name:	f613baba5a0f59002bab46f08cd2db15.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	13137

          It's more elegant and smart!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Rikval445 View Post
            Hey, thanks for the good advice, but it's equal :( Also hiding the taskbar the buttons are not seen (Too big for 1024x600) and i can't personalize the main settings of the software (Theme, Auto Clean, and stuff like this) The main GUI of ASC 6 it's perfect for my netbook and the coder had to keep that. I am a fan of Advanced System Care since the first version 4 and I regret having to have this limitation.

            No solution?
            After hiding the taskbar, drag the cursor using touchpad to the bottom of the screen, then you can see the taskbar buttons after hiding them. If it is inconvenient you can decrease the resolution.
            Hope IObit puts a resize option in asc so that people could change its size to something they're more comfortable with, manually in ASC v7.1.

            Comment


            • #7
              I think i told you guys that in beta testing that the GUI is far too big the version 5 was the best size.

              Comment


              • #8
                Hi guys,

                Thanks for your feedback.

                For the bigger screen, as dev3 said you can drag the screen of ASC to see it clearly. You know some of our users are old and they wish to have bigger screen to see everything clean. But I will report the situation you mention to our product team . Hope we can find a better way that can meet all the requirements. " re-size option " sounds good.:-D

                Thanks for choosing IObit to care your PC.
                IObit Support Team --
                If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Cicely View Post
                  Hi guys,

                  Thanks for your feedback.

                  For the bigger screen, as dev3 said you can drag the screen of ASC to see it clearly. You know some of our users are old and they wish to have bigger screen to see everything clean. But I will report the situation you mention to our product team . Hope we can find a better way that can meet all the requirements. " re-size option " sounds good.:-D

                  Thanks for choosing IObit to care your PC.
                  That would be great

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    UI size reduced

                    Originally posted by Rikval445 View Post
                    Many users use asc on laptop, so I recommend in the next update (7.0.6) to resize the main GUI to keep everyone happy, also because apart from laptops, this new GUI is too large it seems a bit cumbersome, so i recommend to resize crop this:

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	6f3e1744571147ddc8a97a39f1470db6.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	13136

                    And the result is like this:

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	f613baba5a0f59002bab46f08cd2db15.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	13137

                    It's more elegant and smart!
                    IObit has reduced the size of the UI in the latest version that is noew available for download.
                    Check the following link http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=98037

                    Hope it suits you.:-D:-D:-D

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X