IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Autoclean does'nt work

Volley

Hi

I´m new to the forum.

My question: I have activated AutoClean in ASC (8.4 pro) but it doesn´t seem to work.

I checked „Automatically sweep surfing history … at boot up“ and also „Use the same settings in Privacy Sweep“ as recommended. As objects I selected MS Office among others.

When windows has started I can´t see any autoclean activity. Recently used word documents are still listed there. Only when I additionally run Privacy Sweep, those documents will be cleaned. Should that not happen automatically at boot up?

Or did I choose the wrong settings?

Thank you for your help.

Hi Volley,

The issue may be that conditions for auto-clean has not reached, Auto Clean will be started at lest every 3 days.

Please do not manually clean the privacy issues for several days to check whether auto-clean will work.

Thanks for your work.

Hi Cicely,

thank you for the information.

I don´t quite understand your statement „conditions for auto-clean has not reached“. Does this mean that autoclean normally work only at every 3rd day or should it start every day?

Besides, I´ve noticed that autoclean only works if autocare is activated. It seems that these two functions don´t work independently from each other. Is that correct?

I don´t want autocare to be run but only autoclean. It´s because I don´t want a registry fix which isn´t part of Autoclean. Unfortunately that doesn´t seem to be possible.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Cicely, hi Scannan

My question was if autoclean can automatically start every day. Seemingly not.

Apart from that there is the option to activate autocare with selected functions.

When I choose „Care for your computer at a scheduled time“:

As far as I could see the service will not be automatically be done at a later time if the computer is started later than the scheduled time.

Is that correct?

It is quite clear in the settings that Autoclean runs at bootup.

Autocare will not be done automaatically at a later time. That is to allow a user to select a specific time when it will not interfere with other operations. If it started regardless of the time the computer is started, then that would defeat the object.

Maybe you should choose the option to run when the pc is idle. then you are always covered.

Archived