IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Ran ASC8 and lost sound

GMO123

Hi.

I ran ASC 8.4 Pro and now I have no sound.

The sound stopped immediately after running ASC.

I ran a Scan with select All.

I have Win 8.0.

I'm trying to do a registry restore but that doesn't seem to help.

Has anyone else ran into this problem?

How do I get my sound back?

Thanks.

Hi GMO123

Welcome to the forum.

I have never heard of ASC causing a sound issue. It is usually a Driver Update which causes this. Did you by any chance notice if a driver update occurred ( vulnerability may have initiated an update)

Also ensure that you have disabled (unticked) Deep Clean in Registry Fix as this can be very aggressive and should only be used by users who understand fully the workings of the registry.

I recommend that you use the Rescue function in ASC to perform a full system restore to a time before the issue occurred.

If this fixes the issue, then you should perform the scans one at a time ( checking the pc for issues after each scan function) in order to identify the scan function which causes the issue.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Could be as simple as default playback device has changed. Has happen a time or two on my systems. Right click on speakers in taskbar and click on playback devices. See if your normal default is still set. I have a least five options, what with onboard audio, sound card, monitor speakers, et al, that occasionally something gets boinked.

A.T.

Hi GMO123,

Please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelperV9.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop, please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

If the zip file is too large to be sent, please upload it to www.wikisend.com and give us the download link.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Go to Control Panel/System....in the popup box go to Hardware....Open Device Manager

Expand Sound, Video and Game Controllers.

You will see a yellow fault symbol on the Sound driver component.

Right Click on it and select Uninstall to uninstall the driver.

Reboot PC.

Driver should automatically reinstall.

(Note: if it does not reinstall automatically then install the driver manually

Archived