IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Asc Pro Has Messed Up My Computer

Sorry to read this

Did you back up your System Before you installed it?

hope so ,other wise, well you may not be able to fix the problem.tho I wonder why.

plus if you could post a little more as to what you are using (running) and what happened ,

that would help us try to help you ?

Mr bean

Hi I'm running Windows XP. I can't play games as it's put an active debugger in my memnory. I get a message to remove it. Yeah right! I have no idea how to do that. Haven't tested other programs yet. They need to fix this and refund my money. I have been up all night trying to fix this. It's driving me nuts.

I know That feeling When something Is Going Wrong,and one just cant seem to find it.

ok .

but thats the way it is with computing,

from what I am reading you never made a full back up of the drive?

Mmm ,well your first big lesson on guarding your drive.

as in this case could of been prevented .by a re image.

now the only thing I can suggest is this.you need to UN-install the program.and run a program like CCleaner. Free at no cost to you.

get hold of a UNinstalling app like Your Uninstaller (YU) and follow the screen prompts. carefully

you get 30 days trail fully usable.

or use iobit uninstaller free.????

So it removes every thing (the installed application)

C CLEANER

check the software tread on this program.

and go from there.

ok go very slowly here and install this look at every page and tick what you do not want installed.

we only want the main program.

now run it and let it fix what it sees as wrong ,you may have to run it several times till its all clear.

take it slow read every thing before you press any YES!

try it and see if this fixes the problem. (now nothing to lose)

ok next step get a backup program to make a image of your drive.

Muilcuim reflect ,as its also free to use..

and do that .check the lounge as how to use it if worried.read up on this first.

you may even want to do that first tho that will not fix the problem.

but what you have..encase it gets worse.

look I think and and DO hope it will. As it should fix this with a clean uninstall. most times it will

do not delete any file manually ! and i hope you did not do that?

never rid files of a drive unless you understand the rebuff, of loading and the working of a OS.

always be very care full what you do rid of. always back up a system.before you monkey about blindly(no offense saying this) just take it slowly.

walk away and have a cuppa ,relax then try again.

let me say this one time it took me 3 weeks to fix my pc ,as i was determent to get it back without a reinstall.Of The then OS Win 98...in the end I won.and learn a lot .

Mr Bean

Hi Mr Bean,

Although your solutions are applicable, it is better to try to use the Rescue option in Rescue Center Undo Changes in the order with starting the most recent date. Then after that trying System Restore of Windows to the earlier time of the installation of ASC4.

There are tons of relevant information in USAGE of IOBIT PRODUCTS thread to look for which is similar in ASC3.

On the other hand a Pro IObit software User always has the right of contacting IObit to get direct help/support from IObit and/or from IObit's web site assuming that enough information about the OS, hardware and other security softwares supplied.

The last resort is to uninstall the software and follow your cleaning advice. I am taking out the help by remote control and formatting from the equation.

I do 100% agree with you to have a verified healty image of the healty PC before anything happens.

Cheers.

On the other hand a Pro IObit software User always has the right of contacting IObit to get direct help/support

Certainly! and I know ,that here are many that would be very happy to help.

your suggestion is probably the way to go if the Pearson has a restore.or redo ,or a role back file,.but I bet its not the case.

most cases thy do not ,being a user of XP .and what I can gather , a new user

but yes I do not often come in here and post fixes.as Its not easy to know exactly what the problem is,

" he stated ,it's put an active debugger in my memory. I assume its the program doing this?

if so the uninstalling it should fix it.??

when i suggest a UN-install of a offending app (any) most times will fix the problem if done correctly..

that I am hoping here.get the system back to were he had it before the install then go from there,

, make a back up and try it again.installing the application,

MR BEAN

I tried my computer's system restore. Twice. I uninstalled the ASC. Still have the debugger problem. I ran a Dell scan and it said I had over 1700 registry errors. And other system errers. I just got an e-mail from ASC with instructions, but don't have the program now. I am afraid to re-install it, if that's what it takes. I can see now why they don't have a telephone number to call. I bet this has happened to many who've bought this program. I appreciate all of your help. I'll check out your solutions. I will probably have to spend the money on a more expensive product to repair everything.

now the only thing I can suggest is this.you need to UN-install the program.and run a program like CCleaner. Free at no cost to you.

get hold of a UNinstalling app like Your Uninstaller (YU) and follow the screen prompts. carefully

you get 30 days trail fully usable.

or use iobit uninstaller free.????

So it removes every thing (the installed application)

C CLEANER

check the software tread on this program.

and go from there.

Mr Bean

Mr Bean, the above quote from you could be understood as to uninstall ASC and do the deep cleaning with other softwares.

That was what I meant by trying to use Rescue of ASC and Windows System Restore before all the other alternatives.

@jessieporter,

Please try to install the most recent version of ASC4 from Advanced SystemCare 4.0.1 (ASC4) available! thread.

Don't be afraid to do that, ASC is used in more than 50 000 000 PCs.

I have great doupt that ASC putting an active debugger in your memory.

Without knowing details, it is impossible to help.

Give us as much info as possible in detail about your PC, OS (which XP?), and other security and utility softwares, and a screenshot of the problem will be very helpful for the analysis of the problem.

Before repairing let us see the scan results, so we can decide which ones to repair or ignore.

Cheers.

Hi, How can I give you a screenshot? What would be considered utility software?

I just purchased XP Home Security. I actually had no choice but to buy it as it totally took over my computer and I couldn't go to any web sites. I tried to find out where it was on my computer to get rid of it to no avail. That's why it took so long to reply to your posts.

• 2 weeks later...

You can give a screenshot by using the "Print Screen" key. The print screen works similar to cut and paste. You simply go to the page you want to copy and send to IObit. Then hit the "Print Screen" button. This will copy what you see on the page to the "clipboard", just like you were cut and pasting.

Then, when you open up a text editor, such as Word, or the open office equilivant, then click your cursor and press "Ctl V" and you will get a copy of what you "printed" on your screen.

I have been using ASC for about 3 years on about two dozen different computers, both the free and the Pro Versions. I have never had it mess up a computer yet. However, there are always compatability issues..sometimes with your browser, sometimes the applications, your OS, etc. What you described, however, sounds more like a malware infection to me, but, you could have hardware errors, most commonly, a hard drive on its way out. Try this:

Go to a DOS prompt. In XP, you can click on "MSDOS". Type in

"chkdsk /f" exactly that way and hit enter. Dos will then tell you that it cant run checkdisk now, but do you want to schedule checkdisk at the next boot. Respond "Y" and then reboot. Let Checkdisk run as it sometimes fixes hard drive errors.

RogueWare

.....What you described, however, sounds more like a malware infection to me.....

I would agree with that, jessieporter wrote:

......I just purchased XP Home Security. I actually had no choice but to buy it as it totally took over my computer and I couldn't go to any web sites. I tried to find out where it was on my computer to get rid of it to no avail. That's why it took so long to reply to your posts.

A Google search of XP Home Security shows it is a nasty rogueware that "totally took over my computer" as jessieporter put it.

I assume this was the reason for the problems that jessieporter had.

Hopefully jessieporter has also done a search and found someone to help remove this nasty from the computer.

All the best, woz of oz

Woz is spot on with his answer. I followed this thread from the beginning and was confused as to whether ASC or XP Home Security had caused the problem. Regardless of this, it is paramount that XP Home Security be removed from the computer. About a year ago, a friend responded to a rogue pop-up on his computer. When told me about it, the first thing I told him to do, was contact his credit card company. Sure enough the account had been hit three times for the rogue program. After disputing the charges and canceling the card, we went to work on removing the rogue successfully. If jessieporter reads this and has not already gotten help, hopefully he will post in malware removal section and get the help he needs.

A.T.

• 2 months later...

This program is horrible

I like others on here bought the pro version of Ibot and ASC as I had heard so many good things about the program. Little did I know that I would have to end up having my computer wiped as it completely crashed my system, and no it wasnt a hard drive issue as my hard drive was only 2 months old. Thank God I have a good I.T. contractor that cares for my computers and took care of both my desk top and laptop to get the programs off. I was fortunate that my accounting and work files were saved remotely so I did not lose that data but it did take 2 days to repair both computers with different OS on them. Now I find out my 30 day money back gaurantee can not be retrived as no response to any of my emails and of course no phone number to contact anyone. I would hate to think of my business running with no way for my clients to contact me if they really needed. I think they have no phone number so they dont have to refund this crappy security system.:evil:

I was shocked to read the thread title (Asc Pro has messed up my computer).

I have the ASC Pro on 3 computers, and have never had a problem. Yes the 3 pc's I have are older but I have IObit on the other 2 fast custom made pcs that was built by a HP friend, those computers have now found a home at each son's house. LOL.

I just wanted to tell you, Jessie please do not give up on IObit, I understand this was a frustrating situation. I have used other programs from high dollar to free over the years and all have failed. I installed IObit (Pro versions) and haven't had anything sneak into my systems. There are only adults in my home so no parental controls are on. And between music and wallpapers all 3 of my computers go in some risky sites.

My computers all load faster, run faster and play games at the rate of speed I use to dream about. I don't worry about viruses, spyware, or any of those devils we all dread. I use to hate to sit down at my computer because I knew there was going to be problems, and now I am on 10-12 hrs a day. And it's a pleasure.

I guess I wanted you to know my experience with IObit. I am sure you will get your mess cleaned up and probably already have, but when everything settles down take another look at the programs IObit offers, weigh them out and then decide. I am really glad I did.

My 2 cents (with inflation I probably owe you 20 bucks).

asc keeps detailed logs of all changes, those could of helped "fix this".

I find 99% of cases like this are the result of ASC running beside some backup or security service, or one of the many softwares that use registry keys asc wipes. It also doesn't help that most times the users start nuking their systems with other cleaners and deletion before asking for support.

Hi mreagan,

We have accepted your request for refund. Please check your credit card later.

However, normally Advanced SystemCare would not cause this problem. If you would like to reinstall Advanced SystemCare PRO and help us look into the issue, please check your PM.;-)

Hi mreagan,

We have accepted your request for refund. Please check your credit card later.

However, normally Advanced SystemCare would not cause this problem. If you would like to reinstall Advanced SystemCare PRO and help us look into the issue, please check your PM.;-)

I need a refund too, as soon as possible please. no questions asked. Please help me to get a refund.

• 1 month later...

I've not had any problems with ASC up until the update which included the system monitor gadget. I'm sorry but this gadget is a pain in the bum :roll: I hate it, I really do. I spend my entire life trying to keep the damned thing in the green and sometimes it is just not possible. Google Chrome has the worst housekeeping routines of any browser I've used and how do I know this? I know because the insidous ASC gadget told me so. Frankly I'd rather not know and then I won't have to worry about it. :razz: Is there a way to disable the gadget?

The other problem is that ASC crashed this morning, and I mean good and properly. I tried to uninstal without success and it wouldn't. The stupid gadget was greyed out on my desktop so in the end I lost patience with it and tried to restart my laptop. Windows would not close!!! :shock: By now I am very frustrated so I hold down the power button for a manual shutdown. That works a treat!!! :mrgreen: Crossing my fingers I restart my lappy and what do you know? ASC has gone, oh yes it has, but the ghost in the machine, that annoying desktop gadget, is still alive and kicking and working a treat, even though ASC has gone bye byes... HALP!!!! :lol:

EDIT: Ponders on whether he should have begun his own thread ^^

EDIT - The Sequel: Considers whether this computer milarky has driven him stark, raving bonkers!!!

Hi Synsei

If you are talking about Performance Monitor you just have to go into the settings and choose that it doesn't start up with Windows.

Right clicking Pmonitor on the desktop and selecting close will remove the Pmonitor from your desktop.

Uninstalling anything should always begin with closing down the application - also the automatic functions - before giving the command to uninstall.

I recommend reading the manual or the thread Usage of IObit Products prior to using the application.

Cheers

solbjerg

I've not had any problems with ASC up until the update which included the system monitor gadget. I'm sorry but this gadget is a pain in the bum :roll: I hate it, I really do. I spend my entire life trying to keep the damned thing in the green and sometimes it is just not possible. Google Chrome has the worst housekeeping routines of any browser I've used and how do I know this? I know because the insidous ASC gadget told me so. Frankly I'd rather not know and then I won't have to worry about it. :razz: Is there a way to disable the gadget?

The other problem is that ASC crashed this morning, and I mean good and properly. I tried to uninstal without success and it wouldn't. The stupid gadget was greyed out on my desktop so in the end I lost patience with it and tried to restart my laptop. Windows would not close!!! :shock: By now I am very frustrated so I hold down the power button for a manual shutdown. That works a treat!!! :mrgreen: Crossing my fingers I restart my lappy and what do you know? ASC has gone, oh yes it has, but the ghost in the machine, that annoying desktop gadget, is still alive and kicking and working a treat, even though ASC has gone bye byes... HALP!!!! :lol:

EDIT: Ponders on whether he should have begun his own thread ^^

EDIT - The Sequel: Considers whether this computer milarky has driven him stark, raving bonkers!!!

Hi Solbjerg,

I couldn't shut the app down, I even tried to kill it using Task Manager and it was having none of it so I was left with no choice but to do a hard reset :roll:

I've been a loyal IOBit customer for over three years and I am conversant with how the software works and this is the first time I've had a problem with any of their products. The good news is that System Restore seems to have fixed the issue and fingers crossed, all is working well just now. I'll keep monitoring the situation as my system downloads the last two Win7 critical updates just in case they were the cause of the issue :wink:

Hi Synsei

Ok! Good luck!!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Solbjerg,

I couldn't shut the app down, I even tried to kill it using Task Manager and it was having none of it so I was left with no choice but to do a hard reset :roll:

I've been a loyal IOBit customer for over three years and I am conversant with how the software works and this is the first time I've had a problem with any of their products. The good news is that System Restore seems to have fixed the issue and fingers crossed, all is working well just now. I'll keep monitoring the situation as my system downloads the last two Win7 critical updates just in case they were the cause of the issue :wink:

Archived