IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

What happened to System Restore Points?

jwfestes

I ran the quick scan and all my printer info disappeared from my control panel. I clicked on ""Undo Changes" and still no printers. I went to System Resore and there were no restore points anymore.

I tried this download a few days ago with the printers disappearing so did the restore and all went ok. Figured I'd try again, but this time can't restore. I'm bummed and worried what else isn't going to work.:cry:

I ran the quick scan and all my printer info disappeared from my control panel. I clicked on ""Undo Changes" and still no printers. I went to System Resore and there were no restore points anymore.

I tried this download a few days ago with the printers disappearing so did the restore and all went ok. Figured I'd try again, but this time can't restore. I'm bummed and worried what else isn't going to work.:cry:

Welcome jwfestes :mrgreen:

Please provide a bit more information

Lost Printers

I guess the big problem is the restore points that are lost preventing me from undoing the registry changes and such. When I open System Restore, the message is: No system restore points have been created on your computer's system disk. To create a resore point open System Protection.

ASC4 didn't create a Restore Point, either. ASC3 did that, as I recall.

Hi jwfestes

A Windows System restore point is only created in the program if you select to press that button, otherwise it only creates a restore point in the programs Restore Center.

To open the Windows System Restore you can write restore in Run (Opens Restore windows where you can choose rstrui.exe application).

Cheers

solbjerg

I guess the big problem is the restore points that are lost preventing me from undoing the registry changes and such. When I open System Restore, the message is: No system restore points have been created on your computer's system disk. To create a resore point open System Protection.

ASC4 didn't create a Restore Point, either. ASC3 did that, as I recall.

Hi jwfestes

Do you mean to say that there is no restore points in your Windows System Restore??

Please take a look at the settings for your Windows System restore points.

Make sure it is not deactivated!

To open that window please press Windows key+Pause/break and select the tab System restore and then the button settings.

Cheers

solbjerg

My computer was set to do automatic retore points up until ASC4 was run. I used a restore point to undo the previous installation last week. Where do you suppose that point went?

Correct - no restore points except for the one I made this morning. The SR was active until ASC4 did its magic. I have it activated again.

I'm out to pick blackberries for my wine making. Might need something cheap to cry in this winter.

Hi jwfestes

Ok, so you believe that ASC4 cleaned out your Windows System Restore?

Strange, I have never experienced that.

What setting or action do you believe responsible for that inconsiderate act?

Have a nice berry-picking tour! :-)

Does it give a good wine - or does it need some tears? :-) :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Correct - no restore points except for the one I made this morning. The SR was active until ASC4 did its magic. I have it activated again.

I'm out to pick blackberries for my wine making. Might need something cheap to cry in this winter.

Hi zimmy

Please take a look in post #6 in this thread and then check your Windows System Restore Point´settings.

Cheers

solbjerg

many time the restore points don't work. cause i also try them that you restore the system by creating some restore points but anything won't happen.so maybe this is cause of any virus or if any file got infected.

Archived