IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

AWC.exe- Application error !?!?

Boanerges

I cannot open my free version of Advanced Systemcare. I have used it before today with no issues. I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, cleaning out junk files, running virus scans and spyware cleaners but to no avail.

This is the message I get when I try to open it:

Advanced SystemCare V3#: AWC.exe- Application error

The Instruction at "0x00aebed" referenced memory at "0x00000008". The memory not be "read".

And it gives me these 2 options, niether of which fixes the problem:

Click OK to terminate the program

Click on CANCEL to debug the program

If I click CANCEL it simply closes the problem with no fix.

If I click OK I recieve another error message:

Exception EAcess in module AWC.exe at 000AEBED.

Acess violation at address "004AEBED in Module AWC.exe'.

Read address of any 00000008.

Any thoughts? I would appreciate the help.

Hi Boagernes

If you have uninstalled, deleted the left over folder, cleaned your registry of references to ASC and AWC. I would not expect any application error messages after that. This is supposing that you do not have any programs running automatically in the background while trying to uninstall.

Please write back and give some progress report.

Cheers

solbjerg

I cannot open my free version of Advanced Systemcare. I have used it before today with no issues. I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, cleaning out junk files, running virus scans and spyware cleaners but to no avail.

This is the message I get when I try to open it:

Advanced SystemCare V3#: AWC.exe- Application error

The Instruction at "0x00aebed" referenced memory at "0x00000008". The memory not be "read".

And it gives me these 2 options, niether of which fixes the problem:

Click OK to terminate the program

Click on CANCEL to debug the program

If I click CANCEL it simply closes the problem with no fix.

If I click OK I recieve another error message:

Exception EAcess in module AWC.exe at 000AEBED.

Acess violation at address "004AEBED in Module AWC.exe'.

Read address of any 00000008.

Any thoughts? I would appreciate the help.

Hi Boagernes

If you have uninstalled, deleted the left over folder, cleaned your registry of references to ASC and AWC. I would not expect any application error messages after that. This is supposing that you do not have any programs running automatically in the background while trying to uninstall.

Please write back and give some progress report.

Cheers

solbjerg

I performed all of the above steps again this time while in safe mode to prevent any unnessecary interference . The program runs fine in safe mode but not with a normal start up.

Perhaps I am having a software conflict.

I am running the following at start up:

Avast anitvirus

Spybot search and destroy

Superanti spyware Commodo firewall

Even exiting the 2 spyware programs and uninstalling Threatfire (which I previously used I get the same problem.

I am not sure what to think.

• 6 months later...

I have a similar problem -- AWC.exe Application Error

I have a similar problem which brought me to the forum.

I have used IOBIT freeware for at least two years without a problem. On the 29th of June I downloaded the latest version of Advanced System Care 3.2.0.633. I have begun having problems when I boot. I get a dialogue box stating ""AWC.exe Application Error. This appears to be something left over from a previous version since it is now called ASC.

Sometimes I can get past it and sometimes not.

I was going to remove the program, but thought I would let someone who knows something make a suggestion first....

Running WIN2000 OS

Any ideas?

TIA

Hi Red

The AWC.exe and the AWCinit.exe are legitimate exe files for ASC, they just haven't bothered to change their names.

The latest version now is actually v.3.3.4.

Try downloading that to your desktop and remove the blocking if there are any in Windows 2000. Then uninstall your current ASC and delete the folder, clean up the registry with another reg.cleaner and install the newest version - and then see how it goes.

Good luck.

If you haven't read this

Online Help for IObit Software

try reading it before you do any repair.

Cheers

solbjerg

I have a similar problem which brought me to the forum.

I have used IOBIT freeware for at least two years without a problem. On the 29th of June I downloaded the latest version of Advanced System Care 3.2.0.633. I have begun having problems when I boot. I get a dialogue box stating ""AWC.exe Application Error. This appears to be something left over from a previous version since it is now called ASC.

Sometimes I can get past it and sometimes not.

I was going to remove the program, but thought I would let someone who knows something make a suggestion first....

Running WIN2000 OS

Any ideas?

TIA

Archived