IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Problem with application "C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Surfing Protection\SPUpdate.exe"

Bobby13

Today when I logged on I was unable to load any internet pages and this error message came up ' Thread Error: The handle is invalid (6).' in reference to this application SPUpdate.exe... there's not much on the internet with a similar problem...so I took a punt at removing this programme. I restarted the computer and tried to open a browser again, but it still won't connect to the internet, but I don't get any error message to tell me what it's problem is now.

When I open Advanced SystemCare 8.2 the Surfing Protection icon is still available and switched to on, in the Protect tab.

I don't know what to do. Is the problem with the application? should i reinstall it?..although I don't know how to do that as it seemed to come with the latest version of ASC.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Hi Bobby13

Welcome to the Forum.

The first thing you should do is a System Restore to a time before this problem occurred. You can find System Restore in the Rescue Centre of ASC. Let us know if this solves your internet issue.

Archived