IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

CPU usage doesnt match

Megas

The cpu usage from the task manager doesn't match up with the cpu usage advanced system care, my keyboard readout and speedfan are telling me. Currently task manager is saying my pc is using 6% cpu but every other readout is saying my pc is using 17% cpu and was wondering if this is normal or if theres a hidden program using my CPU?

• 1 year later...

Hi Megas.

First thing first, your OS by default use some CPU resources to run system precesses in background required for OS to run normally.

Situation that you described can be caused by some kind of bug in sensors, although i recommend installing and scanning your system with anti-virus and anti-malware software just to be sure that there is no malicious software running in background.

Cheers! :-)

• 1 month later...
Hi Megas.

First thing first, your OS by default use some CPU resources to run system precesses in background required for OS to run normally.

Situation that you described can be caused by some kind of bug in sensors, although i recommend installing and scanning your system with anti-virus and anti-malware software just to be sure that there is no malicious software running in background.

Cheers! :-)

Even so, in the task manager you do see all of the system resources used, or in theory you should see them. Which other read out programs are you using for your cpu monitoring? Maybe its a software issue? And with the recommendation above, I would also recommend doing a scan with an anti-virus software of your choice

• 1 year later...
The cpu usage from the task manager doesn't match up with the cpu usage advanced system care, my keyboard readout and speedfan are telling me. Currently task manager is saying my pc is using 6% cpu but every other readout is saying my pc is using 17% cpu and was wondering if this is normal or if theres a hidden program using my CPU?

Hello forum admin I'm facing same problem please help me!!!

Hello forum admin I'm facing same problem please help me!!!

What operating system are you using. Windows has already admitted that the CPU readings in Task Manager in windows 10 is inaccurate, and is one of the

issues they are fixing in Windows 10 version 1809

• 3 years later...
On 2/2/2023 at 2:39 AM, djowen6565 said:

Same issue here. CPU Usage is 100% in task manager and fans are running hard, but performance monitor shows 18% on a i9 12900h. Iobit has an issue here. 

Hi

Sorry for the issue you encountered.

When the issue appears again, please take take some screenshots of the CPU usage on both Task Manager and Performance Monitor and send them to us. Guide for taking screenshots: http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm 

And please download the tool from https://cdn.iobit.com/dl/tools/InfoHelper.exe. Then double-click to run this tool on the PC with the problem and click "Save report". After it finishes, you will get a pop-up window to tell you where the report file IObit_Debug_Info.zip is saved. Click the "OK" button to open that saved folder.

Please send the zipped file to us via the email feedback@iobit.com for further checking.

Thank you.

Hi

Our technicians checked the issue again and found that the CPU usage algorithm of Performance Monitor is different from that of Task Manager.

Please open Task Manager to see if the CPU usage displayed in Performance Monitor plus the System Idle Process usage in Task Manager is approximately equal to 100%. (The attached picture is for your reference.)

Microsoft also has a tool  https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer. After start, there is a display of CPU usage in the lower left corner. Check whether it is the same as that of Performance Monitor.

1.png