IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart RAM, shoud I enable it to run at startup?

ektorbarajas

Hi again ektorbajaras,

Let's see what IObit staff is going to comment on that, but I will share my habits with you.

In the early stages, function of freeing RAM in ASC was not as effective as today and I was using Smart Ram starting with Windows and the other one in ASC disabled.

Lately I have noticed that the function in ASC is as effective as Smart Ram with today's PCs.

I do use different combinations in my different PCs (laptops) and I find it that Smart RAM is better used in weaker (Older with lower CPU and less RAM) laptops and Auto RAM clean in ASC is enough in powerful (High CPU, high RAM) laptops.

Once in a while, lf you really want to clear the RAM, you can use Smart RAM temporarily with Deep Clean.

That's all from me at the moment.

Cheers.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Now that I'm back at using iobit products and at the forums, this last reply from Cicely caught my attention:

To my understanding, having two tools to optimize RAM running at the same time is not a good idea, they will conflict each other.

So again: why ASC has the ASC ram module and the Smart RAM module? if a module is designed to work better with certain windows OS versions, then iobit must implement a feature to enable the BEST RAM MANAGER and to disable the other.

so far since I installed ASC pro 12 about 2 weeks ago, I am just using ASC ram module and NOT the smart Ram, and so far seems that windows 10 is performing better.

iobit, please further explain and elaborate this concern

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
@Cicely Please, a proper follow up to this thread as well, thanks!

Hello,

The Auto RAM Clean function is aimed to scan and release the memory for the running programs. And Smart RAM is to check and release the memory for the whole Windows system.

So you could run Smart RAM at Windows startup with the RAM Clean function . There is no any conflict.

Cheer,

Hello,

The Auto RAM Clean function is aimed to scan and release the memory for the running programs. And Smart RAM is to check and release the memory for the whole Windows system.

So you could run Smart RAM at Windows startup with the RAM Clean function . There is no any conflict.

Cheer,

@Cicely , will test and have Auto RAM enabled and Smart RAM program running in the background as well, thanks for the explanation, BTW Smart RAM is in version 3.0, do you know if there are plans to continue upgrading and improving Smart RAM?

Thanks

• 3 months later...