Advanced SystemCare deleting desired data

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced SystemCare deleting desired data

So, I've been using ASC for some weeks now. I like it quite a lot, since it keeps my computer clean and monitored, but unfortunately it's also deleting some stuff that I didn't want it to, causing some annoyances.

As examples, the netflix app (downloaded from the windows store) often "forgets" my password between each logging, and the soulseek software lost all my data on one occasion, but I was able to retrieve it from a save file.

I tried to look up on the configurations, but couldn't find the possible prompter. So, please, someone help me. I really didn't want to quit ASC :(

You must check your settings carefully in Privacy Sweep and Autoclean.
    To err is Human. To really mess things up you need a PC.

Comment

As I said on my original post, I looked up on the settings, but got no clue of which one could be causing this.

Comment

I cannot give you an explanation of what every single item does in Privacy Sweep, as it would be too time consuming. Although Autofill Password and or Saved Passwords are probably the cause. Therefore I recommend that you disable Privacy Sweep completely.
        In Settings/Privacy Sweep untick everything. Also in Autoclean Untick Prtivacy Sweep.
        If this resolves the issue, you can then reinstate Privacy Sweep in Autoclean and then tick the relevant items one at a time in the Privacy menu until you find the culprit.
        To err is Human. To really mess things up you need a PC.

Comment

Originally posted by agridoce View Post
          So, I've been using ASC for some weeks now. I like it quite a lot, since it keeps my computer clean and monitored, but unfortunately it's also deleting some stuff that I didn't want it to, causing some annoyances.

As examples, the netflix app (downloaded from the windows store) often "forgets" my password between each logging, and the soulseek software lost all my data on one occasion, but I was able to retrieve it from a save file.

I tried to look up on the configurations, but couldn't find the possible prompter. So, please, someone help me. I really didn't want to quit ASC :(

Hi agridoce,

Welcome to our forum.

Please take steps below to further help us look into the issue you reported.

Download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper.exe.Then double click to run this tool on the PC with problem and click "Save report". After it finishes, you will get a pop up window to tell you where the report file IObit_Debug_Info.zip is saved. Click "OK" button to open that saved folder. Please send the zipped file to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.
          Thanks for your work and look forward to your early reply.
          IObit Support Team --
          If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

Working...
          X