IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Advanced SystemCare deleting desired data

agridoce

So, I've been using ASC for some weeks now. I like it quite a lot, since it keeps my computer clean and monitored, but unfortunately it's also deleting some stuff that I didn't want it to, causing some annoyances.

As examples, the netflix app (downloaded from the windows store) often "forgets" my password between each logging, and the soulseek software lost all my data on one occasion, but I was able to retrieve it from a save file.

I tried to look up on the configurations, but couldn't find the possible prompter. So, please, someone help me. I really didn't want to quit ASC :(

I cannot give you an explanation of what every single item does in Privacy Sweep, as it would be too time consuming. Although Autofill Password and or Saved Passwords are probably the cause. Therefore I recommend that you disable Privacy Sweep completely.

In Settings/Privacy Sweep untick everything. Also in Autoclean Untick Prtivacy Sweep.

If this resolves the issue, you can then reinstate Privacy Sweep in Autoclean and then tick the relevant items one at a time in the Privacy menu until you find the culprit.

So, I've been using ASC for some weeks now. I like it quite a lot, since it keeps my computer clean and monitored, but unfortunately it's also deleting some stuff that I didn't want it to, causing some annoyances.

As examples, the netflix app (downloaded from the windows store) often "forgets" my password between each logging, and the soulseek software lost all my data on one occasion, but I was able to retrieve it from a save file.

I tried to look up on the configurations, but couldn't find the possible prompter. So, please, someone help me. I really didn't want to quit ASC :(

Hi agridoce,

Welcome to our forum.

Please take steps below to further help us look into the issue you reported.

Download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper.exe.Then double click to run this tool on the PC with problem and click "Save report". After it finishes, you will get a pop up window to tell you where the report file IObit_Debug_Info.zip is saved. Click "OK" button to open that saved folder. Please send the zipped file to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Thanks for your work and look forward to your early reply.

Archived