Boot Time Monitor Readings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boot Time Monitor Readings

I've recently purchased a new HP laptop with a solid state drive. It boots with lightning speed. I'm also using Advanced System Care 12 (free version). When the boot time displays in the lower-right hand corner of my desktop, it gives absurd readings, such as "3 minutes 12 seconds". With my old laptop which had an atom processor and was incredibly slow in loading the operating system at startup, the read was always around 42 seconds. It hardly ever varied. And I was using Advanced System Care 12 then too. As I stated, this new laptop computer I now have is displaying a boot time of anywhere from 1 minute and 30 seconds to 3 minutes and 12 seconds. and yet because of the Intel i3 processor and the solid state drive, the operating system which is Windows 10 loads incredibly faster than my old laptop did. It literally loads in seconds! I've tried disabling lots of services and items in the startup menu, but it has no effect. Can anyone offer a suggestion as to why this is happening, and what I can do about it? I like using the boot time monitor feature in Advanced System Care. But this seems ridiculous to me.

I might add that if I do a re-start on my laptop computer as opposed to a cold startup, the boot time is considerably shortened...to as little as 29 seconds. But on a cold startup, it can be as long as 3 minutes and 15 seconds, as computed and displayed in the boot time monitor. I can see no reason for why there should be such a huge difference in the boot time computations by Advanced System Care 12 in terms of a cold startup versus a restart after the computer operating system (Windows 10 Home Edition) is already up and running.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip1749 View Post
      I might add that if I do a re-start on my laptop computer as opposed to a cold startup, the boot time is considerably shortened...to as little as 29 seconds. But on a cold startup, it can be as long as 3 minutes and 15 seconds, as computed and displayed in the boot time monitor. I can see no reason for why there should be such a huge difference in the boot time computations by Advanced System Care 12 in terms of a cold startup versus a restart after the computer operating system (Windows 10 Home Edition) is already up and running.

Hi,

Please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper.exe. Then double click to run this tool on the PC with problem and click "Save report". After it finishes, you will get a pop up window to tell you where the report file IObit_Debug_Info.zip is saved. Click "OK" button to open that saved folder. Please send the zipped file to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Thanks,
      IObit Support Team --
      If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

Cicely, I have downloaded and run the http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper.exe file on my computer. Can you provide the e-mail address I should send the zip file containing the test results to? Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip1749 View Post
          Cicely, I have downloaded and run the http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper.exe file on my computer. Can you provide the e-mail address I should send the zip file containing the test results to? Thank you.
          Hi,

You could attach the zipped file here directly or send it to tickets@iobit.com.

Thanks,

IObit Support Team --
          If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

Working...
          X