IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IObit Live Update

esheldon

I have Advanced SystemCare 3, Free version. Recently, a pop-up window for IOBit Live Update appears when I click on the program. I don't know what this is or if it's necessary to download. I've been very satisfied with the free version; everything seems to working well. I always install new versions of ASC when notified. Should I dl/install IObit Live Update?

esheldon

WIN XP, SP3

BTW, I'm new to this forum, & I did search it, but didn't find exactly what I wanted to know. Apologies in advance if the info is here somewhere(!)

Thanks, enoskype, for your reply.

My version of ASC: 3.2.0.633

I read the Usage of IObit Products thread. But unless I've missed something, I still don't know whether to dl/install IObit update or not. (I don't play games on my pc.) Is "IObit update" an essential updating of the version above?

esheldon

Hi esheldon

In the update log it says:

------------04-03-2009 19:19:57------------

Update details:

Database File(C:\Programs\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 3\Def.dbd)

Updated with Succes

Game Booster(C:\Programs\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 3\Sup_GameBooster.exe) Updated with Succes

So at least the Def.dbd is fine (Defence.databasedefinitions)

As for gamebooster? Some reports say it doesn't work as well as previous, but if you do not use it it does not matter to you!!

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks, enoskype, for your reply.

My version of ASC: 3.2.0.633

I read the Usage of IObit Products thread. But unless I've missed something, I still don't know whether to dl/install IObit update or not. (I don't play games on my pc.) Is "IObit update" an essential updating of the version above?

esheldon

Hi esheldon

Thanks for your feedback!! Much appreciated!!

If you have any suggestions for clarifying posts in "Usage of IObit Products" please advise, or if you want other aspects explained we will add a post if it will give a good general idea of some other aspect we have forgotten to mention in the post. Good informative links will also be appreciated!!

Thank you!

cheers

solbjerg

Many thanks to solberg & enoskype for your replies. I have learned about the IObit Products... thread (VERY helpful), & you separately have answered my question(s). Thanks again.

esheldon

• 2 weeks later...

IOBit Live

Hello:

1st post.

1. What is IOBit Live?

2. What the heck is it good for?

3. Is it integral to ASC?

4. If not integral, how do I delete/uninstall all vestiges of it from my PC?

Keep getting some update notification for this. Haven't installed anything called this. Can find no reference to anything called IOBit Live on IOBit.com. Searching reveals zippo. Raises my suspicions about it.

Somebody please explain.

:?:

Hi Zack,

Iobit Live update is the automatic updater for ASC. It will notify you when updates are available. You can change when it checks updates for you under

Options-Update. But I think it is best under "Recommended" settings.

samr.

Archived