IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

unins000.msg was deleted by McAfee of their false positive

Tim Xue

Hello everybody, many users told us unins000.msg is missing, then we found that it was deleted by McAfee previous virus database version. The thruth is that this is a false positive by them. Please check this article: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/07/03/mcafee_false_positive_glitch/

Not only ASC but many other programs are also reported as "infected".

The solution for you is download ASC v3.3.4 then install v3.3.4 without uninstall previous version. As unins000.msg was deleted, so you cannot uninstall ASC now, but only install a new one to overwrite the previous version.

Note: The false positive was fixed by McAfee 2 days ago, so please update the database of your McAfee product. I hope they will not make false positive in the future.

Test of solution

Hi everybody

Tim's solution works! I just tried it twice.

I deleted unins000.msg to my recycle bin and used my downloaded version 3.3.4. to install it again over the top.

The warning about the missing file came up and I clicked OK, after some few seconds the installation started anyway, but I had to click "Ignore" 10 times for the installation to finish.

Program worked OK afterwards and the missing file was recreated in the ASC folder.

I then tried it with a download of ASC v. 3.3.4. where I choose the command Run and let it run automatically.

The same thing happened - I had to click "Ignore" 10 times for the installation to finish, but also in this instance the program worked OK afterwards and the missing file was back in the folder.

Seems to be the solution!!

THANKS TIM!!!!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello everybody, many users told us uninjs000.msg is missing, then we found that it was deleted by McAfee previous virus database version. The thruth is that this is a false positive by them. Please check this article: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/07/03/mcafee_false_positive_glitch/

The solution for you is download ASC v3.3.4 then install v3.3.4 without uninstall previous version. As uninjs000.msg was deleted, so you cannot uninstall ASC now, but only install a new one to overwrite the previous version.

Note: The false positive was fixed by McAfee 2 days ago, so please update the database of your McAfee product. I hope they will not make false positive in the future.

More Info Please

Can you or someone Please tell me the steps needed to install v3.3.4 without uninstall previous version? I downloaded but when I went to install I got the must uninstall previous version message but it didn't give me any choices other then ok, and when I tried just closing the window I got the unins000.msg is missing message.

Hi zoomdamn

What in the previous post don't you understand?

As I said there - just click OK and wait a few seconds - perhaps ten?

And then hit the ignore button every time a message comes up, by me it was 10 times. After that the program should work, otherwise you should be able to uninstall it now and then you can install it again - but perhaps as a clean install, where you uninstall the progran - delete the folder - and then install it again.

Please read this thread to be sure that you are following the manual.

Online Help for IObit Software

Cheers

solbjerg

Can you or someone Please tell me the steps needed to install v3.3.4 without uninstall previous version? I downloaded but when I went to install I got the must uninstall previous version message but it didn't give me any choices other then ok, and when I tried just closing the window I got the unins000.msg is missing message.

unable to install 3.3.4

Getting same problem as several others, trying to install 3.3.4 (free version) - with unins000.msg having previously been deleted (probably by McAfee). I hit "retry" 10 times during the install - then, get 'access denied' trying to delete unins000.exe (DeleteFile failed - code 5). Suggestion?

Thanks, Dan

Hi Dan

As formerly written you should hit "Ignore" 10 times during install NOT Retry.

Try again :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Getting same problem as several others, trying to install 3.3.4 (free version) - with unins000.msg having previously been deleted (probably by McAfee). I hit "retry" 10 times during the install - then, get 'access denied' trying to delete unins000.exe (DeleteFile failed - code 5). Suggestion?

Thanks, Dan

unins000.msg was deleted by McAfee

I apologize - "ignore" was what I meant. I had hit it 10 times, then had the problem with DeleteFile failed - code 5 - however, I just got around it - found that there was an active "unins000.exe" process - so I deleted the process and retried the install and it went successfully.

dan

Hi dan

That's ok ! Glad you got it fixed :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

I apologize - "ignore" was what I meant. I had hit it 10 times, then had the problem with DeleteFile failed - code 5 - however, I just got around it - found that there was an active "unins000.exe" process - so I deleted the process and retried the install and it went successfully.

dan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ithagedorn

:-) I feel you have misunderstood.

I deleted unins000.msg by me for test purpose, - the problem for McAfee users were that they did not have the file in question because it was removed by McAfee as a false positive, - and I had to duplicate that situation in order to test the solution. If you have the file there should be no reason to try that solution.

If you end up with version 3.3.3. you should try downloading version 3.3.4. and try that. If you have the same problem then, I would suggest that you do a Clean Install - read about that procedure here:

Cheers

solbjerg

I have followed the thread and deleted the unins000.msg and just ignored the "delete errors" 10 times, but when the programs comes up after the 10 time it is still 3.3.3.

• 3 weeks later...

Deleting ASC completely

Kindly advise how to delete the software 100% without a trace.

Using XP prof. & McAfee anti virus. Iobit file is present in C:\Program Files

with 5.01mb - but unable do delete file.

Would truly appreciate your most conclusive guidance to delete without a trace.

kind regards,

shelpif111:roll:

Hi shelpif

Sounds like you have tried to delete while running some automatic function from the program.

Please read the relevant posts in

That is primarily the posts "Install-Uninstall-Reinstall" - and the post "Clean install"

Cheers

solbjerg

Kindly advise how to delete the software 100% without a trace.

Using XP prof. & McAfee anti virus. Iobit file is present in C:\Program Files

with 5.01mb - but unable do delete file.

Would truly appreciate your most conclusive guidance to delete without a trace.

kind regards,

shelpif111:roll:

• 1 year later...

What to do if "unins000.msg" is still missing after reinstall....

Tim's solution works great, except in cases where McAfee VirusScan continues misidentifying each new installation's "unins000.msg" file as containing a virus (e.g., Exploit-ObscuredHtml). In such instances, McAfee immediately deletes the new unins000.msg file before you have a chance to uninstall the application.

To remedy this problem, add an exception for the unins000msg file in VirusScan. That way, the next time you run the installer, McAfee will not delete the file, enabling a successful uninstall of the entire program using either the IObit uninstaller or Microsoft's Add or Remove Programs.

Robert

How to add a McAfee Exception

To add unins000.msg as a file detection exception:

1. open McAfee VirusScan properties;

2. select All Processes;

3. select the Detection tab;

4. click the Exclusions button at the bottom of the window;

5. click the Add button on the Set Exclusions pop-up window;

6. click the Browse button on the By name/location radio button of the Add Exclusion Item pop-up window;

7. make sure the On Read and On Write options are checked in the When to Exclude section at the bottom of the window;

8. browse to the location of the Advanced Sysem Care 3 folder and click the folder name, then click OK

[Note: the actual uninstaller file will not be there to click because McAfee will have already deleted it];

9. scroll to the end of the folder path and type a "\" character;

10. enter the name of the uninstaller file "unins000.msg", then click OK;

11. verify that the uninstaller file is listed in the Set Exclusions window, then click OK;

12. click Apply and/or OK.

Hello everybody, many users told us unins000.msg is missing, then we found that it was deleted by McAfee previous virus database version. The thruth is that this is a false positive by them. Please check this article: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/07/03/mcafee_false_positive_glitch/

The solution for you is download ASC v3.3.4 then install v3.3.4 without uninstall previous version. As unins000.msg was deleted, so you cannot uninstall ASC now, but only install a new one to overwrite the previous version.

Archived