Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

unins000.msg was deleted by McAfee of their false positive

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • unins000.msg was deleted by McAfee of their false positive

    Hello everybody, many users told us unins000.msg is missing, then we found that it was deleted by McAfee previous virus database version. The thruth is that this is a false positive by them. Please check this article: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/07...sitive_glitch/

    Not only ASC but many other programs are also reported as "infected".

    The solution for you is download ASC v3.3.4 then install v3.3.4 without uninstall previous version. As unins000.msg was deleted, so you cannot uninstall ASC now, but only install a new one to overwrite the previous version.

    Note: The false positive was fixed by McAfee 2 days ago, so please update the database of your McAfee product. I hope they will not make false positive in the future.
    IObit Development Team

  • #2
    Test of solution

    Hi everybody
    Tim's solution works! I just tried it twice.
    I deleted unins000.msg to my recycle bin and used my downloaded version 3.3.4. to install it again over the top.
    The warning about the missing file came up and I clicked OK, after some few seconds the installation started anyway, but I had to click "Ignore" 10 times for the installation to finish.
    Program worked OK afterwards and the missing file was recreated in the ASC folder.
    I then tried it with a download of ASC v. 3.3.4. where I choose the command Run and let it run automatically.
    The same thing happened - I had to click "Ignore" 10 times for the installation to finish, but also in this instance the program worked OK afterwards and the missing file was back in the folder.
    Seems to be the solution!!
    THANKS TIM!!!!
    Cheers
    solbjerg



    Originally posted by Tim Xue View Post
    Hello everybody, many users told us uninjs000.msg is missing, then we found that it was deleted by McAfee previous virus database version. The thruth is that this is a false positive by them. Please check this article: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/07...sitive_glitch/

    Not only ASC but many other programs are also reported as "infected".

    The solution for you is download ASC v3.3.4 then install v3.3.4 without uninstall previous version. As uninjs000.msg was deleted, so you cannot uninstall ASC now, but only install a new one to overwrite the previous version.

    Note: The false positive was fixed by McAfee 2 days ago, so please update the database of your McAfee product. I hope they will not make false positive in the future.
    太阳山 (solbjerg)
    Ceterum censeo Usage of IObit Products esse legendum
    (Furthermore I think that Usage of IObit Products must be read)
    Itemized subjects Table of content
    In relation to defragmentation Think about defragmentation
    Clean Install concept Clean Install
    Introduction to the Forum Forum Guidelines

    Comment


    • #3
      More Info Please

      Can you or someone Please tell me the steps needed to install v3.3.4 without uninstall previous version? I downloaded but when I went to install I got the must uninstall previous version message but it didn't give me any choices other then ok, and when I tried just closing the window I got the unins000.msg is missing message.

      Comment


      • #4
        Hi zoomdamn
        What in the previous post don't you understand?
        As I said there - just click OK and wait a few seconds - perhaps ten?
        And then hit the ignore button every time a message comes up, by me it was 10 times. After that the program should work, otherwise you should be able to uninstall it now and then you can install it again - but perhaps as a clean install, where you uninstall the progran - delete the folder - and then install it again.
        Please read this thread to be sure that you are following the manual.
        Online Help for IObit Software
        Cheers
        solbjerg

        Originally posted by zoomdamn View Post
        Can you or someone Please tell me the steps needed to install v3.3.4 without uninstall previous version? I downloaded but when I went to install I got the must uninstall previous version message but it didn't give me any choices other then ok, and when I tried just closing the window I got the unins000.msg is missing message.
        太阳山 (solbjerg)
        Ceterum censeo Usage of IObit Products esse legendum
        (Furthermore I think that Usage of IObit Products must be read)
        Itemized subjects Table of content
        In relation to defragmentation Think about defragmentation
        Clean Install concept Clean Install
        Introduction to the Forum Forum Guidelines

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks

          Thanks,

          I missed the post that described what you did, once I read it I did exactly what you said and it did install.

          Thank You!

          Comment


          • #6
            Hi zoomdamn
            Great!
            Have a nice day!
            Cheers
            solbjerg

            Originally posted by zoomdamn View Post
            Thanks,

            I missed the post that described what you did, once I read it I did exactly what you said and it did install.

            Thank You!
            太阳山 (solbjerg)
            Ceterum censeo Usage of IObit Products esse legendum
            (Furthermore I think that Usage of IObit Products must be read)
            Itemized subjects Table of content
            In relation to defragmentation Think about defragmentation
            Clean Install concept Clean Install
            Introduction to the Forum Forum Guidelines

            Comment


            • #7
              unable to install 3.3.4

              Getting same problem as several others, trying to install 3.3.4 (free version) - with unins000.msg having previously been deleted (probably by McAfee). I hit "retry" 10 times during the install - then, get 'access denied' trying to delete unins000.exe (DeleteFile failed - code 5). Suggestion?
              Thanks, Dan

              Comment


              • #8
                Hi Dan
                As formerly written you should hit "Ignore" 10 times during install NOT Retry.
                Try again
                Cheers
                solbjerg


                Originally posted by danstcyr View Post
                Getting same problem as several others, trying to install 3.3.4 (free version) - with unins000.msg having previously been deleted (probably by McAfee). I hit "retry" 10 times during the install - then, get 'access denied' trying to delete unins000.exe (DeleteFile failed - code 5). Suggestion?
                Thanks, Dan
                太阳山 (solbjerg)
                Ceterum censeo Usage of IObit Products esse legendum
                (Furthermore I think that Usage of IObit Products must be read)
                Itemized subjects Table of content
                In relation to defragmentation Think about defragmentation
                Clean Install concept Clean Install
                Introduction to the Forum Forum Guidelines

                Comment


                • #9
                  unins000.msg was deleted by McAfee

                  I apologize - "ignore" was what I meant. I had hit it 10 times, then had the problem with DeleteFile failed - code 5 - however, I just got around it - found that there was an active "unins000.exe" process - so I deleted the process and retried the install and it went successfully.

                  dan

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hi dan
                    That's ok ! Glad you got it fixed
                    Cheers
                    solbjerg

                    Originally posted by danstcyr View Post
                    I apologize - "ignore" was what I meant. I had hit it 10 times, then had the problem with DeleteFile failed - code 5 - however, I just got around it - found that there was an active "unins000.exe" process - so I deleted the process and retried the install and it went successfully.

                    dan
                    太阳山 (solbjerg)
                    Ceterum censeo Usage of IObit Products esse legendum
                    (Furthermore I think that Usage of IObit Products must be read)
                    Itemized subjects Table of content
                    In relation to defragmentation Think about defragmentation
                    Clean Install concept Clean Install
                    Introduction to the Forum Forum Guidelines

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Installing 3.3.4

                      I have followed the thread and deleted the unins000.msg and just ignored the "delete errors" 10 times, but when the programs comes up after the 10 time it is still 3.3.3.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hi Ithagedorn
                        I feel you have misunderstood.
                        I deleted unins000.msg by me for test purpose, - the problem for McAfee users were that they did not have the file in question because it was removed by McAfee as a false positive, - and I had to duplicate that situation in order to test the solution. If you have the file there should be no reason to try that solution.
                        If you end up with version 3.3.3. you should try downloading version 3.3.4. and try that. If you have the same problem then, I would suggest that you do a Clean Install - read about that procedure here:
                        Online Help for IObit Software
                        Cheers
                        solbjerg


                        Originally posted by lthagedorn View Post
                        I have followed the thread and deleted the unins000.msg and just ignored the "delete errors" 10 times, but when the programs comes up after the 10 time it is still 3.3.3.
                        太阳山 (solbjerg)
                        Ceterum censeo Usage of IObit Products esse legendum
                        (Furthermore I think that Usage of IObit Products must be read)
                        Itemized subjects Table of content
                        In relation to defragmentation Think about defragmentation
                        Clean Install concept Clean Install
                        Introduction to the Forum Forum Guidelines

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Deleting ASC completely

                          Kindly advise how to delete the software 100% without a trace.
                          Using XP prof. & McAfee anti virus. Iobit file is present in C:\Program Files
                          with 5.01mb - but unable do delete file.
                          Would truly appreciate your most conclusive guidance to delete without a trace.

                          kind regards,
                          shelpif111:roll:

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Hi shelpif
                            Sounds like you have tried to delete while running some automatic function from the program.
                            Please read the relevant posts in
                            Online Help for IObit Software
                            That is primarily the posts "Install-Uninstall-Reinstall" - and the post "Clean install"
                            Cheers
                            solbjerg

                            Originally posted by shelpif111 View Post
                            Kindly advise how to delete the software 100% without a trace.
                            Using XP prof. & McAfee anti virus. Iobit file is present in C:\Program Files
                            with 5.01mb - but unable do delete file.
                            Would truly appreciate your most conclusive guidance to delete without a trace.

                            kind regards,
                            shelpif111:roll:
                            太阳山 (solbjerg)
                            Ceterum censeo Usage of IObit Products esse legendum
                            (Furthermore I think that Usage of IObit Products must be read)
                            Itemized subjects Table of content
                            In relation to defragmentation Think about defragmentation
                            Clean Install concept Clean Install
                            Introduction to the Forum Forum Guidelines

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              What to do if "unins000.msg" is still missing after reinstall....

                              Tim's solution works great, except in cases where McAfee VirusScan continues misidentifying each new installation's "unins000.msg" file as containing a virus (e.g., Exploit-ObscuredHtml). In such instances, McAfee immediately deletes the new unins000.msg file before you have a chance to uninstall the application.

                              To remedy this problem, add an exception for the unins000msg file in VirusScan. That way, the next time you run the installer, McAfee will not delete the file, enabling a successful uninstall of the entire program using either the IObit uninstaller or Microsoft's Add or Remove Programs.

                              Robert





                              How to add a McAfee Exception

                              To add unins000.msg as a file detection exception:
                              1. open McAfee VirusScan properties;
                              2. select All Processes;
                              3. select the Detection tab;
                              4. click the Exclusions button at the bottom of the window;
                              5. click the Add button on the Set Exclusions pop-up window;
                              6. click the Browse button on the By name/location radio button of the Add Exclusion Item pop-up window;
                              7. make sure the On Read and On Write options are checked in the When to Exclude section at the bottom of the window;
                              8. browse to the location of the Advanced Sysem Care 3 folder and click the folder name, then click OK
                                [Note: the actual uninstaller file will not be there to click because McAfee will have already deleted it];
                              9. scroll to the end of the folder path and type a "\" character;
                              10. enter the name of the uninstaller file "unins000.msg", then click OK;
                              11. verify that the uninstaller file is listed in the Set Exclusions window, then click OK;
                              12. click Apply and/or OK.
                              Originally posted by Tim Xue View Post
                              Hello everybody, many users told us unins000.msg is missing, then we found that it was deleted by McAfee previous virus database version. The thruth is that this is a false positive by them. Please check this article: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/07...sitive_glitch/

                              Not only ASC but many other programs are also reported as "infected".

                              The solution for you is download ASC v3.3.4 then install v3.3.4 without uninstall previous version. As unins000.msg was deleted, so you cannot uninstall ASC now, but only install a new one to overwrite the previous version.

                              Note: The false positive was fixed by McAfee 2 days ago, so please update the database of your McAfee product. I hope they will not make false positive in the future.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X