IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IObit live update???

Hi everybody,

After booting a blank window appeared and a process IObit liveupdate was in action:?:

Since i had no information i stopped the process and this was reported to Microsoft Center and logged into "Problem reports and solutions" in Control Panel.

This happened for the first time.

Can anyone explain pls

cheers

Hi demitris

Have you since run the update manually?

As I understand you, the update setting is the recommended one?

Update automatically program and database.

By booting you mean start of the computer?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi everybody,

After booting a blank window appeared and a process IObit liveupdate was in action:?:

Since i had no information i stopped the process and this was reported to Microsoft Center and logged into "Problem reports and solutions" in Control Panel.

This happened for the first time.

Can anyone explain pls

cheers

Hi demitris

Have you since run the update manually?

As I understand you, the update setting is the recommended one?

Update automatically program and database.

By booting you mean start of the computer?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Soldjerg,

The situation is like this:

a) In options of ASC free edition I set Execute at Windows Startup so ASC is in System tray

b) Since i have free edition UPDATE is set at Check for update when program starts- no alternative unless u upgrade paying for it.

After that happend i ran update manually and there were updates for ASC indeed but the problem was that after Windows load the update came to an endless searching showing an empty window with title IObit live update

I believe the problem emerges due to coexistance of a) and b). If this is true

some fixing must be done by IObit technical team

thanks solbjerg

Hi demitris

I will check your theory by me. Post back when I have tried, but perhaps it only works that way by you when there is something to download, most of the time there isn't. Oh, well - I'll try it anyway with a click on check for updates.

Perhaps a clean install will set it right?

You probably shouldn't have aborted the update install?

Have now checked by me - no problems

My program is the pro version though, but they are the same, it is just that some extra setting and add-ins are activated by buying a license.

Wonder if we could get another member to check in the free version! :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Soldjerg,

The situation is like this:

a) In options of ASC free edition I set Execute at Windows Startup so ASC is in System tray

b) Since i have free edition UPDATE is set at Check for update when program starts- no alternative unless u upgrade paying for it.

After that happend i ran update manually and there were updates for ASC indeed but the problem was that after Windows load the update came to an endless searching showing an empty window with title IObit live update

I believe the problem emerges due to coexistance of a) and b). If this is true

some fixing must be done by IObit technical team

thanks solbjerg

Hi demitris

I will check your theory by me. Post back when I have tried, but perhaps it only works that way by you when there is something to download, most of the time there isn't. Oh, well - I'll try it anyway with a click on check for updates.

Perhaps a clean install will set it right?

You probably shouldn't have aborted the update install?

Have now checked by me - no problems

My program is the pro version though, but they are the same, it is just that some extra setting and add-ins are activated by buying a license.

Wonder if we could get another member to check in the free version! :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

solbjerg hi,

there is nothing to worry about.

anyway i will wait if this will come up again.

as i told u before i updated the ASC and this actually was the first time.

the problem was the delay it looked to me endless especially when u see that these updates are so quick.

As i checked this very moment there is an option when u check for update that says click here to configure update settings that i did'nt configure and i really do no know how. it speaks about enable proxy, host, port 8088....

i donot know if this helps somehow!

cheers

Hi demitris

Do you have proxy activated??

If it isn't activated, don't do anything.

If it also updated the program and not just the definition, it will probably take a little more time.

Stopping in the middle of something can sometimes create problems.

Cheers

solbjerg

solbjerg hi,

there is nothing to worry about.

anyway i will wait if this will come up again.

as i told u before i updated the ASC and this actually was the first time.

the problem was the delay it looked to me endless especially when u see that these updates are so quick.

As i checked this very moment there is an option when u check for update that says click here to configure update settings that i did'nt configure and i really do no know how. it speaks about enable proxy, host, port 8088....

i donot know if this helps somehow!

cheers

Hi demitris

Do you have proxy activated??

If it isn't activated, don't do anything.

If it also updated the program and not just the definition, it will probably take a little more time.

Stopping in the middle of something can sometimes create problems.

Cheers

solbjerg

hi solbjerg,

i would like to help u cause u are very helpful

and by the way to ask u if u know how to delete the files that are checked and in immunized state in security defence log

is safe that they are in immunized state

thanks and have a nice weekend

hi solbjerg

mean to thank u not help u

cheers

hi solbjerg

i don't need any explanation . ok i found information in support and in forum

But the term problems in Security Defense is a little confusing since it's only a DATA BASE

cheers