IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Advanced System Care causing 100% CPU usage!

sakeeta

I am running Windows XP on a 40 GB hardrive, 1 GB, Gateway laptop. More than half of my hardrive is free. While doing general maintenance on it..I noticed my CPU usage was constantly 100%. I couldn't figure out what was causing this..so I started closing programs in my system tray. The instant I closed Advanced System Care Pro icon, my CPU usage dropped to 3%. So obviously that is what is causing it. Why would this be??

Screenhot of problem

here's d shot showing IOBitupdate.exe taking too much cpu processing:

[ATTACH]1751[/ATTACH]

Note that this problem wont stop unless manually "killed"..

[ATTACH]1752[/ATTACH]

The problem is gone after killing IOBitUpdate..

Hi mecute,

I am not from IObit, so you can continue grrrr!!!!!!ing.

Does it use the same amount of CPU, when you are connected to the Internet?

If it is only doing it when offine, then it is trying to connect to Internet, and assuming you are connected. That's why the high CPU usage. As, after certain time, it should use the file from ASC\News folder, bnews.html, or wnews.html, with respect to the skin you are using.

Anyway, if you are using Pro version, please ask to IObit directly.

Cheers.

Hi :mrgreen:

I must accept that ASC does not have a problem when online. The only thing bothering me, and some user i guess, is it's "not so intelligent auto update" program. It should be able to detect an online and the offline mode so that it can kill itself automatically if no connection is detected. For an unknown reason, the ASC's auto update program consumes the entire cpu processing when im offline..

Hi mecute,

I am not from IObit, so you can continue grrrr!!!!!!ing.

Does it use the same amount of CPU, when you are connected to the Internet?

If it is only doing it when offine, then it is trying to connect to Internet, and assuming you are connected. That's why the high CPU usage. As, after certain time, it should use the file from ASC\News folder, bnews.html, or wnews.html, with respect to the skin you are using.

Anyway, if you are using Pro version, please ask to IObit directly.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi mecute,

Nothing is mentioned about it in the what's new, and the update does not work at the moment anyway.

Update seemed to work at the beginning, but it wanted to downdate :-P ASC to version 3.3.4.

There is no connection of update of ASC to the servers recently.

Cheers.

EDIT : Unfortunately it is the same as before. If update is scheduled for a time when there is no internet connection, IObitUpdate.exe uses the available CPU, until the CPU usage is increased to 100%.

Archived