Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advanced System Care causing 100% CPU usage!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced System Care causing 100% CPU usage!

I am running Windows XP on a 40 GB hardrive, 1 GB, Gateway laptop. More than half of my hardrive is free. While doing general maintenance on it..I noticed my CPU usage was constantly 100%. I couldn't figure out what was causing this..so I started closing programs in my system tray. The instant I closed Advanced System Care Pro icon, my CPU usage dropped to 3%. So obviously that is what is causing it. Why would this be??

WOW 100% of CPU usage!!!! Something is wrong, just uninstal and reinstal and find out again. What is your security softs on your system!

Comment

Hi sakeeta,

Try temporarily turning off system guards in your security programs (AV software system guards included) and see if same CPU is used.

Cheers.
      enoskype

- Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -

Comment

I am also experiencing this problem... But it is caused by Advanced System update program when im offline... This is probably a bug in programming... Advanced System Care updating even in offline mode??? :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by ha14 View Post
          WOW 100% of CPU usage!!!! Something is wrong, just uninstal and reinstal and find out again. What is your security softs on your system!
          Try killing IOBit update and the problem is gone...

Comment

Thanks a trick to remember,:grin:

Comment

Screenhot of problem

here's d shot showing IOBitupdate.exe taking too much cpu processing:

Click image for larger version

Name:	3c4566d0d2d91b399c266a8eda13a0e8.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	1751

Note that this problem wont stop unless manually "killed"..

Click image for larger version

Name:	0dd79aa6b190dc4b8a5ef425bb3d0d17.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	1752

The problem is gone after killing IOBitUpdate..

Comment

Any word from ASC guys? Im still having this problem up to now..

Comment

grrrr!!!!!! NOT A SINGLE WORD... Should I assume poor costumer after-service???

Comment

Hi mecute,

I am not from IObit, so you can continue grrrr!!!!!!ing.

Does it use the same amount of CPU, when you are connected to the Internet?

If it is only doing it when offine, then it is trying to connect to Internet, and assuming you are connected. That's why the high CPU usage. As, after certain time, it should use the file from ASC\News folder, bnews.html, or wnews.html, with respect to the skin you are using.

Anyway, if you are using Pro version, please ask to IObit directly.

Cheers.
                    enoskype

- Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -

Comment

Hi :mrgreen:

I must accept that ASC does not have a problem when online. The only thing bothering me, and some user i guess, is it's "not so intelligent auto update" program. It should be able to detect an online and the offline mode so that it can kill itself automatically if no connection is detected. For an unknown reason, the ASC's auto update program consumes the entire cpu processing when im offline..

Originally posted by enoskype View Post
                      Hi mecute,

I am not from IObit, so you can continue grrrr!!!!!!ing.

Does it use the same amount of CPU, when you are connected to the Internet?

If it is only doing it when offine, then it is trying to connect to Internet, and assuming you are connected. That's why the high CPU usage. As, after certain time, it should use the file from ASC\News folder, bnews.html, or wnews.html, with respect to the skin you are using.

Anyway, if you are using Pro version, please ask to IObit directly.

Cheers.

Comment

Hi again mecute,

Which update Mode you use on which XP?

Cheers.
                        enoskype

Comment

Hi enoskype,

the IOBitupdate.exe on a scheduled task is the one causing this problem..

Comment

That's what I thought and found out mecute, I guess, temporarily, you will not use Scheduled Update, but Auto Update. Or, schedule Update for an online time! :mrgreen:

Cheers.
                            enoskype

Comment

just want to know the updates hehehehe... is there already a solution to this issue?

Comment

Working...
                              X