X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to find my Bandwidth?

For internet booster, how do I find out my Bandwidth?

-Mike

Hi Mike
    If you do not know what connection speed you are paying your service provider for, you can for example check it here:
    http://www.speedtest.net/
    Cheers
    solbjerg

Originally posted by Mike406 View Post
    For internet booster, how do I find out my Bandwidth?

-Mike
    太阳山 (solbjerg)
    Ceterum censeo Usage of IObit Products esse legendum
    (Furthermore I think that Usage of IObit Products must be read)
    Itemized subjects Table of content
    In relation to defragmentation Think about defragmentation
    Clean Install concept Clean Install
    Introduction to the Forum Forum Guidelines

Comment

Originally posted by solbjerg View Post
      Hi Mike
      If you do not know what connection speed you are paying your service provider for, you can for example check it here:
      http://www.speedtest.net/
      Cheers
      solbjerg
      I don't know what is correct, depending on what server I choose, I can get up to 20+ megabits, where some servers I only get 6 for my download speed. How am I supposed to get my bandwidth from that?

-Mike

Comment

Hi Mike
        What does it say on your bill that you pay for?
        What does the function automatically choose?
        enoskype has written several informative posts about this - try finding those with the search function
        This one for example:
        http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.p...ght=connection
        Cheers
        solbjerg

I don't know what is correct, depending on what server I choose, I can get up to 20+ megabits, where some servers I only get 6 for my download speed. How am I supposed to get my bandwidth from that?

-Mike
        太阳山 (solbjerg)

Comment

Thanks solbjerg, I think the best bet for to know the correct broadband speed is to ask the ISP provider the maximum allowable download speed which they made the deal with Mike406.
          For all the adjustments in Internet Optimizer, one should know the real max. allowable download speed.
          It can be found in the ADSL router by directly making a connection to its IP address, usually 192.168.1.1, using the Admin. name and password.

Cheers.
          enoskype

- Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -

Comment

Ok, I called them and figured out that my max download speed possible is 22 megaBITS per second. So for the Internet Booster, are the choices in megaBITS or megaBYTES?

Thanks,
            Mike

Comment

Kbps=>Kilobits per second.
              or,
              Mbps=>Megabits per second.

It is shown under "Please choose your bandwidth" as
              Your bandwidth : # Kbps
              or,
              Your bandwidth : # Mbps

Cheers.
              enoskype

- Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -

Comment

Hi Mike
                Bandwidth is usually measured in bits per second (Kbps-Mbps or Gbps)
                If you want to "translate"/approximate that into bytes it is customary to divide the bits by 8 to get the bytes.
                Cheers
                solbjerg

Ok, I called them and figured out that my max download speed possible is 22 megaBITS per second. So for the Internet Booster, are the choices in megaBITS or megaBYTES?

Thanks,
                Mike
                太阳山 (solbjerg)

Comment

Hi Mike
                  Bandwidth is usually measured in bits per second (Kbps-Mbps or Gbps)
                  If you want to "translate"/approximate that into bytes it is customary to divide the bits by 8 to get the bytes.
                  Cheers
                  solbjerg
                  Ok, I know how to convert them, but what I'm wondering does the Internet Booster ask for your bandwidth in bytes or bits?

-Mike

Comment

Ok Mike
                    Sorry, I thought that was answered
                    Well - bits
                    Cheers
                    solbjerg

Ok, I know how to convert them, but what I'm wondering does the Internet Booster ask for your bandwidth in bytes or bits?

-Mike
                    太阳山 (solbjerg)

Comment

Ok Mike
                      Sorry, I thought that was answered
                      Well - bits
                      Cheers
                      solbjerg
                      Thanks. :) Sorry but one more question, there isn't a choice for 20 mbps, so would I round down to the 10 mark, or up to the 50?

Thanks again,
                      Mike

Comment

OK Mike406,

Do you know your type of connection? (PPPoE, Cable, etc.)
                        First use the Automatic optimization, it will give an idea of the RWIN value.
                        Follow the prosedure described in the given link below for speednet, and paste the result here.

Since you decided to use Expert Mode, I would advice you to read the whole optimize internet connection thread.
                        If you have questions, then please ask here, in this thread.

If you want an answer to your question, then try 10Mbps first, and then 50Mbps and compare the speeds you get to decide.

Cheers.
                        enoskype

Comment

Originally posted by enoskype View Post
                          OK Mike406,

Do you know your type of connection? (PPPoE, Cable, etc.)
                          First use the Automatic optimization, it will give an idea of the RWIN value.
                          Follow the prosedure described in the given link below for speednet, and paste the result here.

Since you decided to use Expert Mode, I would advice you to read the whole optimize internet connection thread.
                          If you have questions, then please ask here, in this thread.

If you want an answer to your question, then try 10Mbps first, and then 50Mbps and compare the speeds you get to decide.

Cheers.
                          Nope, I don't want to use Expert Mode, I just want to go with the Auto Optimization only. I'll try the 10 first then move up a notch.

Thanks,
                          Mike

Comment

OK Mike406,

I made a mistake of assuming you have chosen the Expert Mode, as I forgot that even in automatic optimization option, there is a slide to choose the bandwidth. It has been quite long that I have not used that option.

FYI, you may still need to adjust your RWIN & TTL values for a better optimization though!

Cheers.
                            enoskype

Comment

Originally posted by enoskype View Post
                              OK Mike406,

I made a mistake of assuming you have chosen the Expert Mode, as I forgot that even in automatic optimization option, there is a slide to choose the bandwidth. It has been quite long that I have not used that option.

FYI, you may still need to adjust your RWIN & TTL values for a better optimization though!

Cheers.
                              How do I adjust those?

Comment

Working...
                              X