IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Iobit Live Update Pop-up...Help??

Jeanniedeb

Since I installed version 3.4 of Advanced System Care, every time I start my computer, i get a Pop-up window saying:

"IObit Live Update" ..."Finished".."You already have the latest version. No update available".

I don't know why i'm getting this and I would REALLY like to get rid of this pop-up...it is unnecessary and annoying!

Can someome please help??

Thanks!

Hi jeanniedeb

Please read Usage of IObit Products in the Lounge section and then choose the settings you want in Options in ASC.

It is probably set to check for updates automatically at computer start and also set to give you pop-ups about it - you can just change these options.

Cheers

solbjerg

Since I installed version 3.4 of Advanced System Care, every time I start my computer, i get a Pop-up window saying:

"IObit Live Update" ..."Finished".."You already have the latest version. No update available".

I don't know why i'm getting this and I would REALLY like to get rid of this pop-up...it is unnecessary and annoying!

Can someome please help??

Thanks!

Unable to change it!!

I tried to change that setting but it won't allow me unless i upgrade to Pro.

When i tried deselecting "Check for updates when program starts" and either of the other 2 settings, i got a pop-up asking me to upgrade to the ASC Pro Edition.

So now i am stuck with this pop-up??

Thanks

Hi Jeannie

I am sorry but I don't remember how the free version behaved, I have had Pro for a long time.

Perhaps enoskype has a free version on one of his computers and can offer you some advice. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

I tried to change that setting but it won't allow me unless i upgrade to Pro.

When i tried deselecting "Check for updates when program starts" and either of the other 2 settings, i got a pop-up asking me to upgrade to the ASC Pro Edition.

So now i am stuck with this pop-up??

Thanks

Update Pop-up on start-up!

Mongoose,

I have the same problem as Jeanniedeb and have tried all the Major Geeks download mirrors (USA, USA 1 and Australia!),.. uninstalling the program and clearing registry before each fresh install, but I still get the update pop-up on each start-up!

As a temporary solution I unchecked the settings option 'Execute at Windows Start up'.. but we should not have to do this!

Can someone please come up with a proper fix!:roll:

Thanks,

Curlydave.

P.S. I am using ASC Free (Version 3.4.0.677) by the way!.. so there is no option other than to 'Update at start-up'.. unless you upgrade to the Pro (paid for) version that is!!

Fresh install = Clean Install ?

Mongoose,

I have the same problem as Jeanniedeb and have tried all the Major Geeks download mirrors (USA, USA 1 and Australia!),.. uninstalling the program and clearing registry before each fresh install, but I still get the update pop-up on each start-up!

When you say you did a fresh install do you mean what we call a Clean Install ?

A Clean Install (with Registry clean) might be best if you have not done one already :wink:

If you are unsure how to do a Clean Install, go to Usage of IObit Products - Over the top/Clean install

All the best, woz of oz

Hi curlydave

Would you please open up the folder of ASC - set it to list view and take a screenshot of the contents.

Then attach this .jpg picture to your next post.

We will then take a look and see if there is something in your folder that should not be there.

A clean install also means that after the uninstallation the folder should be deleted.

Cheers

solbjerg

Mongoose,

As a temporary solution I unchecked the settings option 'Execute at Windows Start up'.. but we should not have to do this!

Can someone please come up with a proper fix!:roll:

Thanks,

Curlydave.

P.S. I am using ASC Free (Version 3.4.0.677) by the way!.. so there is no option other than to 'Update at start-up'.. unless you upgrade to the Pro (paid for) version that is!!

Update Issue

Hi solbjerg and wozofoz!

Thanks for the prompt response.

Woz of oz,.. I did a clean install each time (always deleting the original program folder after un-install) and then followed by a registry clean.

Solbjerg,, here is a screenshot of current ASC Folder (hope this is what you wanted,.. looks OK to me?).

Thanks guys!

Curlydave:-)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/curlydave/ASCFolder.jpg[/img]

Hi curlydave

It looks like something has gone wrong during your install.

Please do a completely clean install - uninstall - delete program folder - Install again with a fresh copy of the install file.

The differences in our folders is as follows:

ContextMenu by you is named ContextMenu.exe by me

IObitUpdate by you is named IObitUpdate.exe by me

Help is Help.html by me

AWCInit is AWCInit.exe

License is License.dat

ESR is ESR.exe

EULA is EULA.rtf

Registration is Registration.exe

All your Sup_ and Sut_ files lack the .exe

Unins000 is Unins000.dat

Unins000 is Unins000.exe

Unins000 is Unins000.msg

Update History is Update History.txt

Wizard is Wizard.exe

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi curlydave

It looks like something has gone wrong during your install.

Please do a completely clean install - uninstall - delete program folder - Install again with a fresh copy of the install file.

The differences in our folders is as follows:

ContextMenu by you is named ContextMenu.exe by me

IObitUpdate by you is named IObitUpdate.exe by me

Help is Help.html by me

AWCInit is AWCInit.exe

License is License.dat

ESR is ESR.exe

EULA is EULA.rtf

Registration is Registration.exe

All your Sup_ and Sut_ files lack the .exe

Unins000 is Unins000.dat

Unins000 is Unins000.exe

Unins000 is Unins000.msg

Update History is Update History.txt

Wizard is Wizard.exe

Cheers

solbjerg

Would that be because you have different settings in:

Tools > Folder Options > View

Tick or Un-Tick:

Hide extensions for known file types

Below are two screenshots, by the way, my ASC with latest update works fine.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2635&d=1258543745

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2636&d=1258543761

All the best, woz of oz

Hi wozofoz and solbjerg,

Yes my folder view is different because I checked 'Show Hidden Folders and Files' in Folder Options, although I left 'Hide extensions for known file types' checked.. thought it might help you.. sorry:-?

Will try a complete re-install using the method suggested later today (not at my own laptop at present).

Thanks to all for the help so far, will let you all know how I progressed later!

Once again thanks,

David.

Thanks Magic[Hunter],

The download from enoskype's post fixed the repeated update message on start up, (so now I can run ASC from boot :grin::grin:), without the update nag!

You must however delete the old Def.dbd file from the ASC folder before installing the new one!.

Thanks also to Mongoose, Wozofoz and Solbjerg for your help, unfortunately the ‘clean re-install' method did not work for me when I tried it.. (3 times last week!).. but I am certain it helped someone along the way!

Thanks once again to all! You are a great bunch!

Problem solved :razz:..well mine is at least!

David

Archived