X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iobit Live Update Pop-up...Help??

Since I installed version 3.4 of Advanced System Care, every time I start my computer, i get a Pop-up window saying:

"IObit Live Update" ..."Finished".."You already have the latest version. No update available".

I don't know why i'm getting this and I would REALLY like to get rid of this pop-up...it is unnecessary and annoying!

Can someome please help??

Thanks!

Hi jeanniedeb
    Please read Usage of IObit Products in the Lounge section and then choose the settings you want in Options in ASC.
    It is probably set to check for updates automatically at computer start and also set to give you pop-ups about it - you can just change these options.
    Cheers
    solbjerg

Originally posted by Jeanniedeb View Post
    Since I installed version 3.4 of Advanced System Care, every time I start my computer, i get a Pop-up window saying:

"IObit Live Update" ..."Finished".."You already have the latest version. No update available".

I don't know why i'm getting this and I would REALLY like to get rid of this pop-up...it is unnecessary and annoying!

Can someome please help??

Thanks!
    太阳山 (solbjerg)
    Ceterum censeo Usage of IObit Products esse legendum
    (Furthermore I think that Usage of IObit Products must be read)
    Itemized subjects Table of content
    In relation to defragmentation Think about defragmentation
    Clean Install concept Clean Install
    Introduction to the Forum Forum Guidelines

Comment

Unable to change it!!

I tried to change that setting but it won't allow me unless i upgrade to Pro.
      When i tried deselecting "Check for updates when program starts" and either of the other 2 settings, i got a pop-up asking me to upgrade to the ASC Pro Edition.

So now i am stuck with this pop-up??

Thanks

Comment

Hi Jeannie
        I am sorry but I don't remember how the free version behaved, I have had Pro for a long time.
        Perhaps enoskype has a free version on one of his computers and can offer you some advice.
        Cheers
        solbjerg

Originally posted by Jeanniedeb View Post
        I tried to change that setting but it won't allow me unless i upgrade to Pro.
        When i tried deselecting "Check for updates when program starts" and either of the other 2 settings, i got a pop-up asking me to upgrade to the ASC Pro Edition.

So now i am stuck with this pop-up??

Thanks
        太阳山 (solbjerg)

Comment

Hi Jeanniedeb,

Please hover over the AWC.exe in the main ASC folder and tell us the version of the AWC.exe if it is 3.4.0.675 or 3.4.0.677.
          If there is no info baloon, then right click for the properties to see the version.

Cheers.
          enoskype

- Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -

Comment

Hello Enoskype,

The version i have is 3.4.0.677.

Thanks,

Deb

Comment

Hello Jeanniedeb,

Ill tell you what you could do is under general settings where it says, Execute at Windows Startup, just uncheck the box and click on apply at the bottom. Now ASC wont starup when you start your PC.

Comment

Hello Mongoose,

Thanks, i will try that!

Deb

Comment

I just noticed something on this download. If you download it from Cnet you get the popup each time you load the progam. Now if you download it from Major Geeks you dont get the popup. I dont know why its like that but it just happen to me.

Comment

Update Pop-up on start-up!

Mongoose,

I have the same problem as Jeanniedeb and have tried all the Major Geeks download mirrors (USA, USA 1 and Australia!),.. uninstalling the program and clearing registry before each fresh install, but I still get the update pop-up on each start-up!

As a temporary solution I unchecked the settings option 'Execute at Windows Start up'.. but we should not have to do this!

Can someone please come up with a proper fix!:roll:

Thanks,

Curlydave.

P.S. I am using ASC Free (Version 3.4.0.677) by the way!.. so there is no option other than to 'Update at start-up'.. unless you upgrade to the Pro (paid for) version that is!!
                    Last edited by curlydave; Nov. 18th, 2009, 06:47.

Comment

Fresh install = Clean Install ?

Originally posted by curlydave View Post
                      Mongoose,

I have the same problem as Jeanniedeb and have tried all the Major Geeks download mirrors (USA, USA 1 and Australia!),.. uninstalling the program and clearing registry before each fresh install, but I still get the update pop-up on each start-up!
                      When you say you did a fresh install do you mean what we call a Clean Install ?
                      A Clean Install (with Registry clean) might be best if you have not done one already :wink:

If you are unsure how to do a Clean Install, go to Usage of IObit Products - Over the top/Clean install

All the best, woz of oz
                      Last edited by wozofoz; Nov. 18th, 2009, 07:11.
                      FORUM USAGE GUIDELINES - Read this first
                      Description of IObit Forum features and requirements - Reading this is compulsory
                      The thread also includes Handy Links

NEW USER PUBLIC PROFILE POLICY effective on February 01, 2013 !
                      It is compulsory to add your OS + Computer Details to your Profile

Usage of IObit Products
                      Information about using IObit software
                      Also contains a wealth of diverse information on many different related subjects

Comment

Hi curlydave
                        Would you please open up the folder of ASC - set it to list view and take a screenshot of the contents.
                        Then attach this .jpg picture to your next post.
                        We will then take a look and see if there is something in your folder that should not be there.
                        A clean install also means that after the uninstallation the folder should be deleted.
                        Cheers
                        solbjerg

Originally posted by curlydave View Post
                        Mongoose,

As a temporary solution I unchecked the settings option 'Execute at Windows Start up'.. but we should not have to do this!

Can someone please come up with a proper fix!:roll:

Thanks,

Curlydave.

P.S. I am using ASC Free (Version 3.4.0.677) by the way!.. so there is no option other than to 'Update at start-up'.. unless you upgrade to the Pro (paid for) version that is!!
                        太阳山 (solbjerg)

Comment

Update Issue

Hi solbjerg and wozofoz!

Thanks for the prompt response.

Woz of oz,.. I did a clean install each time (always deleting the original program folder after un-install) and then followed by a registry clean.

Solbjerg,, here is a screenshot of current ASC Folder (hope this is what you wanted,.. looks OK to me?).

Thanks guys!

Curlydave

[/IMG]

Comment

Sorry wrong image!

Solbjerg,

Sorry sent wrong image.. is this what you wanted?

Curlydave.

Comment

Hi curlydave
                              It looks like something has gone wrong during your install.
                              Please do a completely clean install - uninstall - delete program folder - Install again with a fresh copy of the install file.

The differences in our folders is as follows:

ContextMenu by you is named ContextMenu.exe by me
                              IObitUpdate by you is named IObitUpdate.exe by me
                              Help is Help.html by me
                              AWCInit is AWCInit.exe
                              License is License.dat
                              ESR is ESR.exe
                              EULA is EULA.rtf
                              Registration is Registration.exe
                              All your Sup_ and Sut_ files lack the .exe
                              Unins000 is Unins000.dat
                              Unins000 is Unins000.exe
                              Unins000 is Unins000.msg
                              Update History is Update History.txt
                              Wizard is Wizard.exe
                              Cheers
                              solbjerg
                              太阳山 (solbjerg)

Comment

Working...
                              X