X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update failure

I have win xp sp3. I have ASC free. Start up programs: Avira antivirus, Comodo firewall, Ram Booster. The automatical download of the update has always failure even if I have deactivate the firewall. In the main screen I read download complete, but in the History (.txt) there is download failure (the download is always the same).
    Can U help me please?
    Thanks
    Regards
    gas_972

Hi gas
    Have you tried a "Clean Install"?
    Procedure can be found through the links in my signature
    In the thread Usage of IObit Products or itemized in the table of content.
    Cheers
    solbjerg

Originally posted by gas_972 View Post
    I have win xp sp3. I have ASC free. Start up programs: Avira antivirus, Comodo firewall, Ram Booster. The automatical download of the update has always failure even if I have deactivate the firewall. In the main screen I read download complete, but in the History (.txt) there is download failure (the download is always the same).
    Can U help me please?
    Thanks
    Regards
    gas_972
    太阳山 (solbjerg)
    Ceterum censeo Usage of IObit Products esse legendum
    (Furthermore I think that Usage of IObit Products must be read)
    Itemized subjects Table of content
    In relation to defragmentation Think about defragmentation
    Clean Install concept Clean Install
    Introduction to the Forum Forum Guidelines

Comment

HP Host file, I forget!

Sorry but in my description of start-up I had forgotten hp hosts file. I did not think he hit and instead it was just because of him that updates are not installed. Once replaced with the original hosts everything went smooth. The only thing I do not understand is the relationship between iobit update and HP host which is a blacklist.
      Best Regards
      gas_972

Comment

Hi gas_972,

Somehow, IObit update server IPs may have been in the hosts file, so if you can find them in it, edit and please put them in the white list.

Cheers.
        enoskype

- Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -

Comment

URL please

I don't know the URL of the web server!

Comment

All starting with 174.37.22.***

Also put wildcard iobit (anything with iobit in it) in the white list.

For a good hosts file editor, you can use HostMan's hosts file editor. (HostsMan is a freeware hosts file manager and editor.)

Cheers.
            enoskype

- Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -

Comment

Working...
            X