IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Why Norton ask users to uninstall Advanced Systemcare?

I am Michael, a software engineer and also a loyal user of Advacned Systemcare. This is my first post.

When I updated my Norton 360 the anti-virus forced me to uninstall my pro version of Advanced Systemcare said that there is an Application Compatibility problem between the two products. I had let it done by Norton with the result that the ASC software was uninstalled. I have been running Advanced Systemcare and Symantec 360 V3 without any problems before Norton update. Actually, I renewed Adavanced Systemcare Pro V3 in Feb.2010 and I still have 9 months left. So I emailed Iobit support for help and asked whether they are aware of this issue. They did help me get my ASC PRO back and told me that they were contacting Symantec to solve this issue as there was no compatible issue. They also suggested me contact Norton support directly for the reason why Norton would require this.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4054/4605878972_fa0753cd98.jpg

I googled on internet and found this discussion in the Norton community.

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-360/Norton-360-v4-removed-my-PRO-Advanced-SystemCare/m-p/208998/highlight/false

After viewing this post, I thought the reason Norton gave is ridiculous. I have been a system care user for nearly two years. I know what it does. It cares my PC and makes it run fast. It's not a security program, it's a system maintenance product. Why Norton would define it as a security product and said there is compatible issue while there is not.

I emailed Norton support and got the same explanations:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1202/4605878982_dd58580d7f.jpg

I thought this is not the truth. Why would Norton ask users to uninstall a system tool and claim that it's a security product?

I came into the thought that this might be a strategy Norton adopted to take up the market of Advanced Systemcare as ASC has a good popularity in system maintenance market. Why such a big company deliberately bullies a small company which is so welcomed by customers?

Let's do something to help Iobit;

1) Contact Symantec directly through the following link and ask them to fix this issue.

http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/contact/contact.jsp?pvid=cs

2) Spread this post on the Internet.

3) Send an email about this to the press you know.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank Michael2010 !

Dear All,

This is IObit Guy from IObit.

Recently, we have received thousands of complaints from our users stating that Advanced SystemCare 3 has compatibility issues with Norton Internet Security 2010 and Norton 360 V4. Namely, both Norton Internet Security and Norton 360 V4 require uninstalling Advanced SystemCare 3 during their installation process.

According to our iterative and serious tests and feedback from millions of users, there is absolutely no compatibility problem!

Thus we started contacting Symantec on the issue. For the past few months we have been actively contacting Symantec and asking them to resolve this issue. However, they refused to fix it by telling us that this issue lies in both programs use real-time protection for spyware, virus and etc, and their engineering department has designed it that way on purpose. We explained to them that Advanced SystemCare 3 is only a system utility to diagnose and optimize Windows and there is no real-time security protection or monitoring in Advanced SystemCare 3. Still they refused to correct it without any solid evidence of their claims except repeating this untenable excuse.

IObit is a young and small Internet company, who keeps making high-quality and popular software for Internet users. We value every user’s rights and benefits and we don’t want to cause any trouble. IObit really wants this issue to be addressed by both parties, and we are doing our part. We want the giant corporation Symantec to fix this issue or else we have the reason to doubt that Symantec is taking unfair competition strategy to beat their they-believe-to-be competitors.

We always believe that Internet support fairness and justice, no matter you are a big company or a very small one. Thus we really need every Internet user's attention and support now!

Thanks so much for your help in advance.

Norton's v Iobit

I have an old computer, been working with it for years, and keep it clean and updated. Clearly I don't know much. However, having updatde Norton's recentlly, have not had any interference with IObit, along the way. They seem to be working ok together, thus far. :roll:

Norton Security 2010

Just read the above. Thanks for this 'headsup". I am the chap with F-Secure security Suite ( which is a 'free-bee' from my IS provider). Since I am not too happy with F-Secure as it seems to slow down my PC, I was about to buy Norton Security 2010 at the recommendation of the IT guys at Future Shop..will stop that idea until there is a resolution between the software Co.'s! One sale lost.

gkn

Bullying tactics of Symantec.

We have seen those bullying tactics between the titans also.

Example: ZA Free vs McAfee.

I have written many times to McAfee that this was not acceptable and I would stop my subscription otherwise, and in the end with many users writing like I did, McAfee decided to correct the situation.

People using ASC and Norton together should write to Symantec to correct this odd behaviour of Norton.

The reason to write to only Symantec is that, they are the ones to correct the behaviour of Norton, as ASC does not have any problem when installed together with Norton.

Cheers.

no more Norton

I used to be a big fan of Norton, all until one day when I was asked to buy the Norton Internet Security again after they had reworked a very poor version of the program. I think it was the 2002 version that was very slow and took a lot of system resources. I would have gladly accepted a free update to a version that was running better, but having had to use a poor product for several years and then having to pay for the "bug fix" 2005 and at almost full price made me much less of a happy customer.

Well I found AVG (free) instead and tried it and I feel it is doing at least the same job or better. Since I work with computers a bit I have recommended AVG rather than Norton ever since. AVG has no conflict with ASC that I have ever seen on any system.

I must add that Advanced SystemCare is by far the best working system utility I have ever come across. I recommend it to everyone I ever come in contact with regarding computers and MS operating systems. :-)

I have to say I gave up using Norton products many yrs ago. As I watched the bloat and demands on the system continue to rise.

I've also done a lot of work on infected systems. The biggest issue I ran into was people using Nortons and having multiple infections from Trojans and spyware.

I've been using Viper professional from Sunbeltsoftware for 3 yrs or so. I haven't had a single infection. Its loaded with features and has a very low system resource requirement.. Not to mention they make sure it is compatible with other security programs you may choose to use such as IOBit 360 and ASC.

Time to smell the roses people there are at least 3 or 4 apps out there better then Nortons.

I am Michael, a software engineer and also a loyal user of Advacned Systemcare. This is my first post.

When I updated my Norton 360 the anti-virus forced me to uninstall my pro version of Advanced Systemcare said that there is an Application Compatibility problem between the two products. I had let it done by Norton with the result that the ASC software was uninstalled. I have been running Advanced Systemcare and Symantec 360 V3 without any problems before Norton update. Actually, I renewed Adavanced Systemcare Pro V3 in Feb.2010 and I still have 9 months left. So I emailed Iobit support for help and asked whether they are aware of this issue. They did help me get my ASC PRO back and told me that they were contacting Symantec to solve this issue as there was no compatible issue. They also suggested me contact Norton support directly for the reason why Norton would require this.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4054/4605878972_fa0753cd98.jpg

I googled on internet and found this discussion in the Norton community.

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-360/Norton-360-v4-removed-my-PRO-Advanced-SystemCare/m-p/208998/highlight/false

After viewing this post, I thought the reason Norton gave is ridiculous. I have been a system care user for nearly two years. I know what it does. It cares my PC and makes it run fast. It's not a security program, it's a system maintenance product. Why Norton would define it as a security product and said there is compatible issue while there is not.

I emailed Norton support and got the same explanations:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1202/4605878982_dd58580d7f.jpg

I thought this is not the truth. Why would Norton ask users to uninstall a system tool and claim that it's a security product?

I came into the thought that this might be a strategy Norton adopted to take up the market of Advanced Systemcare as ASC has a good popularity in system maintenance market. Why such a big company deliberately bullies a small company which is so welcomed by customers?

Let's do something to help Iobit;

1) Contact Symantec directly through the following link and ask them to fix this issue.

http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/contact/contact.jsp?pvid=cs

2) Spread this post on the Internet.

3) Send an email about this to the press you know.

I had the same problem but what I did was uninstall Norton and I installed Avast. I did this about 3 months ago and my computer has not had any spyware, malware, or viruses and the best thing Avast is free.

Just read the above. Thanks for this 'headsup". I am the chap with F-Secure security Suite ( which is a 'free-bee' from my IS provider). Since I am not too happy with F-Secure as it seems to slow down my PC, I was about to buy Norton Security 2010 at the recommendation of the IT guys at Future Shop..will stop that idea until there is a resolution between the software Co.'s! One sale lost.

gkn

Norton Internet Security 2010 is very good, nice features, I use it myself.

Usually takes up less than 10mb of RAM, I've seen 6mb or so.

My recommendation if you don't want Norton:

Novice: Eset Smart Security

http://www.eset.com/home/smart-security

More Experienced: Kaspersky Internet Security

http://www.kaspersky.com/kaspersky_internet_security

Those 3 are my current favourites, fell on Norton last time :smile:

Good luck!

Hi all,

What can I say about this topic. I am running Norton internet security 2010. Have been running this program for 6 months. I also run ASC Pro and Security 360 Pro. Norton installed with them running. Norton is fully updated and they all run very happily together. I do a full scan with all these programs daily and have no issues. So cannot see what the hell Norton is going on about. If I have to choose a program to delete it will be Norton and I will go back to using PC Tools Internet Security 2010.

You can get PCTools Internet Security 2010 here. http://www.pctools.com/

I love IOBits programs. They are well priced and work wonderfully.

I must say this is not the first time I have seen this happen. ATrends Internet Security Suite for 2008 had the same problem with other anti-spyware programs such as Superantispyware. It would not install with that program installed.

Buddha13

Norton Security

I have been using Norton 360 for over a year, and NEVER had a problem with IOBIT and Norton conflicting! Somebody's pulling your chain. I have more problems with my computer in general than those 2 "kids playing nice together".

I LOVE IOBIT!

<<When I updated my Norton 360 the anti-virus forced me to uninstall my pro version of Advanced Systemcare said that there is an Application Compatibility problem between the two products.>>

Yep, I had the same issue. I reluctantly allowed Norton to uinstall Advanced SystemCare, then watched as my computer become increasingly sluggish, despite my religious use of Norton's maintenance features. Finally in frustration, I reinstalled Advanced SystemCare.

I have not detected any incompatibility issues, and with Advanced SystemCare's help, my computer is now running properly again.

I suspect the claim of incompatibility is simply Norton's way of trying to monopolize the maintenance software market. If that is their intention, then they might want to first consider creating a maintenance product that actually works!

dont trust norton...

i dont trust anything norton says anyway because i think that its a virus itself and anyone that uses it is putting there computer at risk...theres alot of free good anti virus software like avast ..its number one thats what i use

Why use anything from Symantec

I ran into issues with Nortons AV years ago.

Consequently after having to use online AV services such as HouseCall from Trend Micro to clean a machine that I had paid my hard earned cash to protect with Nortons, I decided to use PC Cillian from Trend and did so for several years with no infections.

Then I decided to try AVG free to see if it would protect a test machine as well as the paid for software.

What I found was that AVG does an very good job and is light on your pocket book.

I have recently bought a new machine that came with Nortons preinstalled and the first thing I did was uninstall it and install AVG Free http://free.avg.com/us-en/homepage

Advanced System Care,

Spyware Blaster https://www.javacoolsoftware.com

and Malewarebytes' Anti Malware http://www.malwarebytes.org.

There is no one solution to keeping your machine clean and one more excellent link for Housecall from Trend Micro is a must have, that can be saved on a USB drive or CD and be ran on a machine in Safe Mode with networking for that rare one time that something does get by, perish the thought. http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Solutions for NIS or N360 Users

Reinstall ASC after Norton Instalation was Finished.

When I renewed my Norton 360 it said the same thing. I just uninstalled AWC myself, then reinstalled it after Norton was finished. I have been using both with no problems.

<<When I updated my Norton 360 the anti-virus forced me to uninstall my pro version of Advanced Systemcare said that there is an Application Compatibility problem between the two products.>>

Yep, I had the same issue. I reluctantly allowed Norton to uinstall Advanced SystemCare, then watched as my computer become increasingly sluggish, despite my religious use of Norton's maintenance features. Finally in frustration, I reinstalled Advanced SystemCare.

I have not detected any incompatibility issues, and with Advanced SystemCare's help, my computer is now running properly again.

I suspect the claim of incompatibility is simply Norton's way of trying to monopolize the maintenance software market. If that is their intention, then they might want to first consider creating a maintenance product that actually works!

Not a Fan of Symantec/Norton

Personally I am not a fan of Symantec corporation. they buy up companies with good products like Powerquest, then turn them into bloatware. I cannot recall offhand the name of Norton antivirus before Symantec aquired it. Frankly I peronally think Symantec has got far too greedy. I get the impression that they have an inflated opinion of their own importance, and think they can rule the software world.

Re:- AVC: I have only tried the free version, but I think its a great product.

Regarding this issue: I would just tend to point out that what they say is not true & spread it about. If they find their revenue falling, they might soon realize that being excessively greedy & totally amoral will not do them any good.

Trying to reason with a corporation giant like Symantec won't get anyone anywhere=total waste of time. Winning a legal case might, but taking on Symantec woud be a daunting task for a small new company.

The alleged Norton "conflict" issue.

I dumped Norton a long time ago (along with Macafee) for several reasons, one of them being that it was too "clunky"; the other being that it's not the Norton that it used to be. They've been coasting on their rep for several years now in my humble opinion. If you're a happy ASC user whether "pro" or non "pro" user, do yourself a favor. Forget about running both systems on your machine. Why are you doing that anyway when ASC seems to be getting the job done just fine without Norton? Am I missing something here or what?

Hi friend!!

I dumped Norton a long time ago (along with Macafee) for several reasons, one of them being that it was too "clunky"; the other being that it's not the Norton that it used to be. They've been coasting on their rep for several years now in my humble opinion. If you're a happy ASC user whether "pro" or non "pro" user, do yourself a favor. Forget about running both systems on your machine. Why are you doing that anyway when ASC seems to be getting the job done just fine without Norton? Am I missing something here or what?

Hi friend!! Yes you are missing something!! ASC3 is a great program, but is not a Anti Virus. You need to run a AV program also. There are many free programs. Norton is over rated and is one of the worst AV programs on the market. Go with AVG, Avast, Avira, or Microsoft Security Essentials. I run Avira with IObit 360.===garybear

:-D

Your point is clear. Microsoft Security Essentials is a free virus tool and found to be highly active against new attacks .In my case AVG has been destroyed completely due to an open attack three month ago and nothing solved this problem except this tiny MSE. In my country we cann't use Norton products ,not just they are expensive but they case is that they are HEAVY on our PII systems .I'm using Win7 Enterprise on such systems with Rams less than 512Mb and it works with confidence!.Norton's GoBack in its old style proved to be satisfactory but now it became Nor-Ton .About security , nothing 's secure with any wireless system starting from internet to your pocket cellphone,not just insecure but health encounters.

Nortons? McAfee? Malware!

Nortons and McAfee are both now Malware to me! They infiltrate your system - it's almost impossible to get rid of them - and they try to suppress the little guy! But that's just my opinion ;-)

some idea.

I really like ASC myself. It works great! I try to keep myself from Norton, becouse I had bad experience with it. I use McAfee ,C cleaner,and IObit.It speeds up my computers with no issues.They all work together for me.(I use Win 7 on 1 and Vista on 2nd comp.,duo core 3 and 4 gb) Try to uninstall both: Norton and IObit.Make sure all the files are out from your computer, even small ones( in program files) .And instal Norton first and then IObit.I did it before. But anyways I didn't like Norton after a while. If it does not help I think Norton has an issue, becouse with other securities works fine. I do not like Norton from my experience. I build websites, download a lot of things from 2 years I haven't have no problem with my 2 computers. Try something else or nothing,when Norton expires. But if You really like it then You are right, they should do something about it. Take care!Have a great weekend.:grin:

Archived