IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

TaskManager CPU Usage pegged at 100% [SOLVED]

Brickly

I recently upgraded to ASC Pro... I like it a lot. But, it seems to have a problem? IOBitupdate wants to run continously in the background? It keeps TaskManager CPU Usage pegged at 100%... for hours on end. It never stops updating? Why is this? It really causes my PC to slow down a lot. I can close that process in TaskManager and CPU usage will go back to normal... for a while. The it will start downloading again, hogging CPU time again? I have tried setting when it will update time and only after 30 minutes of inactivity, to no avail. How do I fix this?

Thanx, Brick

Hi Brickly

Have you tried this?

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5471&stc=1&d=1275966239

Curious problem!

Please go through all your program settings and choose the ones you need and refresh all settings.

The updating isn't happening terribly often :-) - after all it is an optimizing program first and foremost not an anti-malware program.

If that doesn't help you can try a "clean install" - read about the concept in my signature links (Usage of IObit Products)

(it entails essentially to uninstall the program then delete the program folder and then install the program again - this is done to be sure that no leftovers reside in the folder from a previous version)

Cheers

solbjerg

I recently upgraded to ASC Pro... I like it a lot. But, it seems to have a problem? IOBitupdate wants to run continously in the background? It keeps TaskManager CPU Usage pegged at 100%... for hours on end. It never stops updating? Why is this? It really causes my PC to slow down a lot. I can close that process in TaskManager and CPU usage will go back to normal... for a while. The it will start downloading again, hogging CPU time again? I have tried setting when it will update time and only after 30 minutes of inactivity, to no avail. How do I fix this?

Thanx, Brick

Hi Brickly,

solbjerg is right. A clean install will solve your problem.

The cause may be that you still have some left files of your previous ASC version in your program installation directory, always "C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 3".

So please delete the left over files in that directory after you uninstall the application.

Archived