IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC Ultimate 6 and Windows 8 Defender conflict

NoorE

Hello,

For the last 6 months or so I have used ASC Ultimate 6 Pro in combination with Microsoft Security Essentials on Windows 7 and loved it. However, just upgraded to Windows 8 and am finding that ASC Ultimate is breaking the new Windows Defender (Windows 8 built-in version of MSE). Installing ASC Ultimate leads to Windows Defender auto-turning off and I am unable to turn it back on (as if I had just installed a program I wanted to replace the default Windows option). However, at the same time Windows doesn't seem to recognize ASC Ultimate as an antispyware/antivirus program and begins bugging me to install one. So all in all things are messed up.

This occurs while running ASC Ultimate in compatibility mode, and even if I turn ASC Ultimate's real-time protection completely off. The only way to get Windows Defender to activate again is to completely uninstall ASC Ultimate. I just want it back as it was before where I can use both together.

Anyone else experiencing this? Suggestions, fixes, etc.? Thanks very much.

Hi NoorE

Since you use ASCU in compatability mode and want to keep MSE as your antivirus program I would suggest that you uninstall ASCU and install ASC 6 instead, since that program doesn't have an AV in it and the conflict should then go away, I think. At the same time you will still have all the functions except the AV protection from ASCU.

Perhaps you can get Cicely to transfer your licence from ASCU to ASC 6, pleace contact her and explain.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello,

For the last 6 months or so I have used ASC Ultimate 6 Pro in combination with Microsoft Security Essentials on Windows 7 and loved it. However, just upgraded to Windows 8 and am finding that ASC Ultimate is breaking the new Windows Defender (Windows 8 built-in version of MSE). Installing ASC Ultimate leads to Windows Defender auto-turning off and I am unable to turn it back on (as if I had just installed a program I wanted to replace the default Windows option). However, at the same time Windows doesn't seem to recognize ASC Ultimate as an antispyware/antivirus program and begins bugging me to install one. So all in all things are messed up.

This occurs while running ASC Ultimate in compatibility mode, and even if I turn ASC Ultimate's real-time protection completely off. The only way to get Windows Defender to activate again is to completely uninstall ASC Ultimate. I just want it back as it was before where I can use both together.

Anyone else experiencing this? Suggestions, fixes, etc.? Thanks very much.

???

So, we are saying ASCU will Not work properly with Windows-8 ? :shock:

(I also would definitely want Both activated)

Is a Fix for that in progress, Or will there will be a Super-U program next? :wink:

(I'm wondering if that is something that would have to be changed by Microsoft ???)

Enoskype,

You have W-8, do you not have Defender turned On, with ASCU On, at same time ?

Hi NoorE

I see from your system info that you also have Immunet 3.0. It is known that Immunet can't be installed as a companion Antivirus. It disables Windows Defender.

So it may not be ASCU causing the issue, and or there may be a conflict with Immunet.

I am also on Windows 8 with the ASCU 6 Pro.

Two things, first, you can not run Windows Defender with this installed. It will turn off and compatability mode is not supported.

Second, once Windows Defender is Off, you no longer have Spyware protection. You will get the Action Center notification to that effect.

In the prior version I asked IO Bit support about it and they said

Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus 2013 is antivirus which doesn't include anti-spyware function.

Now, installing the free IO Bit Malware does get rid of the Action Center notification

Long story short, lots of confusion with this Windows 8 and IO Bit. Windows Defender turns itself off if you have anything IO Bit (and I assume anything else) related to Virus or Malware. The Ultimate version has Malware protection, but doesn't register it with Windows 8 so you get action center messages. I'm not sure if the stand alone malware app does anything in addition to the Ultimate....

OK guys,

When you install ASCU6, Windows defender will be turned off and will stay off unless you uninstall ASCU6 in Windows 8.

If you also install IMF together with ASCU6, Action Center will accept both of them and will not notify that any security (either antivirus or anti spyware) is missing.

Malware protection in ASCU6 should not be considered as a full fledged malware protection like IMF, so IMF is a good companion to ASCU and use of IMF together with ASCU is strongly advised by IObit.

Cheers.

Thanks all for the responses and info, hopefully IObit can fix this soon. @Scannan about Immunet 3.0, I know it is listed as incompatible with Windows 8 but it has been working fine for me (a lot of programs listed as "incompatible" seem to be working fine actually), and I confirmed that Windows Defender will activate while Immunet is active as long as ASCU is uninstalled. So pretty sure ASCU is the problem here (as confirmed by the others).

Hi NoorE

Since you use ASCU in compatability mode and want to keep MSE as your antivirus program I would suggest that you uninstall ASCU and install ASC 6 instead, since that program doesn't have an AV in it and the conflict should then go away, I think. At the same time you will still have all the functions except the AV protection from ASCU.

Perhaps you can get Cicely to transfer your licence from ASCU to ASC 6, pleace contact her and explain.

Cheers

solbjerg

I like this idea - who is Cicely and how do I contact her?

EDIT: Cicely is a member of Iobit Support Team. Use PM (Private Message) to contact her

Hi maddbomber83,

Perhaps, when IObit decides to increase the price of ASCU6. :-P

Cheers

And that would be great! An example, ASCU is on sale for 29.99 where IMF is on sale for 19.99. But.... you can get an extra 2 licenses for ASCU for free, an offer not available for IMF.

I'd be willing to spend the extra $20 to upgrade our 3 pc's with ASCU to include IMF, but not willing to spend $60 on it when the ASCU is half that.

Hi NoorE,

We have helped you transfer the service time of your Advanced SystemCare Ultimate to Advanced SystemCare PRO v6. Check you email inbox. :mrgreen:

We also forwarded this suggestion to our marketing staff.

Windows 8 will warn users if there is no Anti-spyware installed. Some users mistook Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6 has both anti-virus and anti-spyware protection. So we should bundle Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6 and IObit Malware Fighter to provide full security protection.

• 4 months later...

Ptoooey on Win 8!

I'm laughing sitting here with my Windows 7 Ultimate and thinking...

I used to run my IObit ASC Ultimate6 Pro and MSSE side by side no worries! BUT I have ditched MSSE because it was bloggy,slow,and took up more resources than it was worth.Please look at my Profile and you will see what I believe to be an adequate and multi-tiered system management and security system.

So,the bottom line is to get either IObit Malware 1.7 Pro,or even better, what I did was install the absolutely fantastic Malware Fighter v2 Beta! Damn good,the best I have seen! :wink:

-Cowboy :grin:

• 1 month later...

Archived