IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

advanced system care

olddude

I'm so confused. I have been using Advanced system care for awhile now and a short time ago I upgraded to the paid version. in the past year I have had several bouts with malware/spyware/and one of these just about took out my whole computer. I was working with one of the guys on the PChelp forums and that is how I heard about Advanced system care. Once they helped me clean up my computer they suggested I install a good firewall, which I did (Zone alarm) and it seems to be working quite nicely. I also changed from AVG virus protection to Avast and that seems to be doing well also. But something happened after I went to Advanced system care 4. My computer actually slowed down especially right after a reboot or when I change from one user to another. It seems like it takes forever to be able to start work and it seems like there is something going on in the back ground that needs to complete before I can continue.

Also, when I started to notice this I see that IOrbit security 360 is also on my computer. I don't remember installing it and was wondering if this is part of Advance System Care 4?? Or if I somehow installed it by mistake and further more does it make a difference if they are both installed on my computer? It seems that something is in conflict with something else and it's almost like I have a virus because sometimes after my computer has been Idle for awhile and I have to re- log on once the screen opens back up I have a background but no Icons or start menu and I have to re-boot sometimes several times for these items to appear so I can go back to work.

I have updated every program I have and run all my virus programs everyday as well as all of the Advanced System Care scans and everything comes up clean so I am back to something in conflict with something else.

Also do I still need Avast if I am running Advance System care 4 like I should be?

Is 'IObit security 360' Just installed, or is it also loaded and running?

There's no need for it to be running at same time as 'Avast', but just being installed does not hurt anything.

If you have Windows-7, 'Microsoft-Security-Essentials' may be running at same time also, which is similar to Avast.

Find out which programs are being loaded and running at bootup.

If ASC is being loaded at bootup, try disableing that, and see if it effects bootup time. I prefer to load and run it Manually anyway.

AVG, MSE and Avast are more complete and are updated regularly, so at least one of them, or one like them, is needed.

The Malware utility in ASC is not updated.

I have loaded both AVG and MSE at same time with no problems, though I'm sure it slows things a little.

I've read that 'Security 360' is No longer going to be Supported by IObit, so it will not be updated either,

but it is was part of the ASC package.

http://www.iobit.com/security360.html

Is 'IObit security 360' Just installed, or is it also loaded and running?

There's no need for it to be running at same time as 'Avast', but just being installed does not hurt anything.

If you have Windows-7, 'Microsoft-Security-Essentials' may be running at same time also, which is similar to Avast.

Find out which programs are being loaded and running at bootup.

If ASC is being loaded at bootup, try disableing that, and see if it effects bootup time. I prefer to load and run it Manually anyway.

AVG, MSE and Avast are more complete and are updated regularly, so at least one of them, or one like them, is needed.

The Malware utility in ASC is not updated.

I'm not sure what it's doing....one day it was just there and I never noticed it before I upgraded ASC. I probably downloaded it by mistake which is very possible for me to do. I tried to uninstall it and it went away but the next time I rebooted it was back again. WOW I just went back to check and now it's gone again after I rebooted again.

How do I find out what is loading on boot up?

'Windows-Task-Manager' or 'Process explorer' are good utilities to monitor what programs are loaded and running.

To disable Auto loads click on 'More' button at top of ASC main window, then on 'Settings', then on 'Automatic Services'

And make changes to both 'Care' and 'Sweep', as needed.

Hi Toppack, sorry but I have to clarify some of your comments.

Either it be IS360 or IMF, they need and adviced to be running together with an antivirus software if a user wants to be protected from malwares, spywares, etc. that the A/V softwares can not detect.

I think, you have meant Windows Defender, which is installed with Win7 OS installation and not a full A/V software.

I have loaded both AVG and MSE at same time with no problems, though I'm sure it slows things a little.

AVG, MSE and Avast are full Antivirus softwares and can not be compared with IS360 or IMF as they are not antivirus programs and who knows which one is better for malwares and spywares..

IMF, now, is updating regularly. After all that said, it is a must to use 1 A/V software together with IS360 or IMF.

It is strongly adviced by security experts that ONLY one Antivirus program should be used, so slowing down is not the only problem if someone uses more than 1 A/V software.

I've read that 'Security 360' ............ was part of the ASC package.

http://www.iobit.com/security360.html

It was not part of the package, but offered to be installed with the users consent at the time of installation of ASC4. So, a user can decline the installation of free applications at the time of ASC4 installation.

At the time of ASC3, it was only offered if a user clicked the IS360 icon in Utilities section.

Cheers.

I think, you have meant Windows Defender, which is installed with Win7 OS installation and not a full A/V software.

No, I was referring to Security-Essentials (MSE), which is installed with W-7, which is Full malware protection.

EDIT: Not all Win7 installations have MSE by default, but Windows Defender. (Fx, my Win7 Pro and many others that I installed.):wink:

???

I was told that Windows-Defender was the name used in Version that came with Vista

and MSE is the version that comes with W-7.

Is that Not correct?

(In All the W-7 installs I've done it's called MSE, but I've never used Vista or Defender)

Isn't MSE just a later and more complete version of Defender?

Hi olddude,

There is a utility in Toolbox of ASC4 called Startup Manager in Optimize section.

Cheers.

I've found that 'Startup Manager' does not show All that is loaded in memory,

like 'Process explorer' and 'Task Manager' do. (PE gives more Info than TM)

SM will only show a few things, when there may actually be 40 or 50 items running in backgound.

Of course the problem is Understand what all that Information, in PE, really means (what's needed, what's Bad, etc.)

(It takes time and research to learn to translate it)

You can get to the Windows-Services list easy, by clicking tab in Startup-manager, though.

Which can be very Helpful.

Hi Toppack,

Please do not delete all your posts in a thread, otherwise all the replies to your posts become null and void.

I have undeleted all of them, but please feel free to delete any taking into consideration my above comment. :idea:

Thank you and cheers. :-)

are there any known conflicts with Avast and ASC? Or maybe ASC and anything else. The reason I ask is that when I decided to upgrade ASC I followed the link off the ASC menu and it took me to the Major Geek site and wouldn't you know it with all the boxes and places to click on that page I clicked the wrong box and down loaded something else thinking it was the right box. When it was done it ran a scan of my computer and came up with 10,000 things wrong with my computer but could only fix 100 of them unless I upgraded. when I looked I realized that was not the right program and I uninstalled it and found the right box and upgraded ASC. I had been getting messages from ASC that the upgrade would be $12,95 but when I paid on pay pal the bill was $17.95 but at that point I didn't care about a couple bucks I just wanted to get back to work. I paid it and the download went as planned.

There is some confusion though, it seems you have to uninstall ASC 3 before you can install ASC4 and when the box came up telling me that I clicked ok, thinking that the upgrade would uninstall it itself but after it had down loaded I saw the ASC 3 was still on my computer and went back and then uninstalled ASC 3. I am wondering if this boo boo could have corrupted something and the program is not working like it should. Just reaching for straws I guess.LOL

I've found that 'Startup Manager' does not show All that is loaded in memory,

like 'Process explorer' and 'Task Manager' do. (PE gives more Info than TM)

SM will only show a few things, when there may actually be 40 or 50 items running in backgound.

Of course the problem is Understand what all that Information, in PE, really means (what's needed, what's Bad, etc.)

(It takes time and research to learn to translate it)

You can get to the Windows-Services list easy, by clicking tab in Startup-manager, though.

Which can be very Helpful.

Thanks!, that seems to be my problem...understanding some of this stuff. My computer suffers the same fate as some of my goodies I collect from my pack rat ways. Stuff piles up and one day I will get in a clean up mood and throw out a bunch of stuff I had not used in years and the very next day I find that I need that goody I just threw away yesterday.LOL I tend to do the same thing with the computer sometimes and it is a pain to fix.LOL

Startup Items

If you want to check what a startup item is and if it is necessary, you can search for it @

http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php

and/or

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/

Personally I only use the ASC Startup Manger, I think it shows the right amount of items that can be disabled if they are not necessary. If the 'Home' user were to go any deeper and disable the wrong thing it could cause headaches.

Plus I follow the Services tweak from BlackViper using the Safe suggestions

All the best, woz of oz

Archived