X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to disable temporarily?

I have ASC4 running on my XP system. Can't upload changes to my website now, and the tech support suggests disabling my firewall and anti-virus temporarily. How do I do this?

Welcome

Welcome to the forum :smile:
    Originally posted by shearer44 View Post
    ...the tech support suggests disabling my firewall and anti-virus temporarily. How do I do this?
    I went to the Cyber Defender (listed in your Profile) website and the first thing I see is 'Live Tech Support' so I am going to assume this is the "tech support" you spoke to and you have already disabled your Firewall and AV.
    If not then you should contact Cyber Defender and ask them how to temporarily disable the Firewall and anti-virus.

Advanced SystemCare 4 is not a Firewall or an anti-virus but if you want to disable it temporarily right click on the icon in the Systemtray (on the right near the clock) and select Exit Program
    When you want to enable ASC again just launch it.

All the best, woz of oz
    FORUM USAGE GUIDELINES - Read this first
    Description of IObit Forum features and requirements - Reading this is compulsory
    The thread also includes Handy Links

NEW USER PUBLIC PROFILE POLICY effective on February 01, 2013 !
    It is compulsory to add your OS + Computer Details to your Profile

Usage of IObit Products
    Information about using IObit software
    Also contains a wealth of diverse information on many different related subjects

Comment

You should Not need to disable Secutity software?
      You may have a Trojan attempting to get access
      or ASC utilities may have removed your server login data.
      Also contact website administrator to check for other server problems.
      Last edited by Toppack; Jul. 14th, 2011, 12:28.

Comment

Originally posted by wozofoz View Post
        Welcome to the forum :smile:

I went to the Cyber Defender (listed in your Profile) website and the first thing I see is 'Live Tech Support' so I am going to assume this is the "tech support" you spoke to and you have already disabled your Firewall and AV.
        If not then you should contact Cyber Defender and ask them how to temporarily disable the Firewall and anti-virus.

Advanced SystemCare 4 is not a Firewall or an anti-virus but if you want to disable it temporarily right click on the icon in the Systemtray (on the right near the clock) and select Exit Program
        When you want to enable ASC again just launch it.

All the best, woz of oz
        Thanks for the suggestions. Will try this.

Comment

Working...
        X