IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Answer about USB impaired

hangxanh

Hi, I just ran ASC V4.0.1 quick scan and deep scan & repair; I also turned on the boost feature. Not only is my system running *slower* than before, it also has impaired my USB connection somehow. My computer does recognize a simple USB stick, so it's not totally broken, but my smartphone/webcam (HTC, WinMob6) is not recognized by the system anymore.. I tried reinstalling ActiveSync, to no avail I went over all the settings both in ASC and XP but I can't find the cause of the problem. Can someone please help me w/ this ?

TX in advance, Ed.

Thank's.

Hi hangxanh

Welcome to the Forum.

You are using a very old version of ASC. The Deep Clean was known to cause issues in the old versions and was not recommended for use by regular users.

It was for use by experienced users who were very familiar with the workings and structure of the registry.

You should open the Rescue Centre in ASC and restore your pc to a time before the issue occurred. This should restore your settings and registry. See if everything is now ok.

You should disable Deep Clean in the ASC Registry Fix settings. Now you can run the scans/repair again and see if all is still ok.

Archived