X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deep registry fix crashes

having problem with the beta when running the deep registry fix function, crashes everytime I try to run it. if I switch to the regular registry fix scan, runs and fixes just fine. only on the deep scan does it crash.

hi jgorow
    When?
    Is it after you try to clean all "problems" the application has found?
    My advice is to go through them and only choose those where you are certain it is alright.
    Cheers
    solbjerg
    p.s. I did not use the deep registry clean in my test, - too much too go through for a quick test, so I ignored that in my first run

Originally posted by jgorow View Post
    having problem with the beta when running the deep registry fix function, crashes everytime I try to run it. if I switch to the regular registry fix scan, runs and fixes just fine. only on the deep scan does it crash.
    太阳山 (solbjerg)
    Ceterum censeo Usage of IObit Products esse legendum
    (Furthermore I think that Usage of IObit Products must be read)
    Itemized subjects Table of content
    In relation to defragmentation Think about defragmentation
    Clean Install concept Clean Install
    Introduction to the Forum Forum Guidelines

Comment

crashes during the scan in deep registry fix mode, if I change the registry fix scan to regular it scans fine, only during the deep registry scan does it crash. added info - I just manged to track down where the scan is crashing, it is when it tries to scan the "services" registry keys
      Last edited by jgorow; Aug. 17th, 2011, 16:20.

Comment

Never had a problem with reg cleaning in ASC during the various builds over the years which is a good record for IOBIT.

but the beta5 let me down i feel a bit work is needed testing with w7 with the deep scan high priority results, cannot post an image as i had to restore an image of w7 backup to get the pc working again and will leave deep scan option till the next build everything else was ok.

problems were could not open any programs not even system restore had to put in w7 dvd reboot and select restore previous image back up from secondary hdd.

keep up the great work

Comment

trying to do my part to help iron out all the bug, this is my 1st time beta testing an iobit product. I just hope that the tech people at iobit keep up with the board and communicate with us to make sure the final release will be a good and stable product

Comment

Well, I managed to get up the Nerve to try 'Deep Registry Fix' in Deep-Care of ASC-5,
            with All setting check-boxes checked. :shock:
            And so far I've Not seen any OS or software problems. :-D

Wow, I was surprized that it found nearly 4000 items to be fixed in registry, that ASC-4 did Not find. :shock:
            (And it appeared that all of them were really things that were not needed)
            Last edited by Toppack; Aug. 18th, 2011, 01:12.

Comment

deep scan W7

did a deep scan and only removed non OS items, even removed an iobit 1, no problems so far

Roy
              if in doubt use a hammer

Comment

On every occasion that I have run the 'Deep Registry Fix' an error occurred in the same spot.
                It was always at the two thirds marker on 'ActiveX and Component'.
                I did notice a white square flash up on the animated magnifying glass icon, at the time of error, is that natural
                Bash them pesky bugs!

Comment

Originally posted by j_maybury View Post
                  On every occasion that I have run the 'Deep Registry Fix' an error occurred in the same spot.
                  I did notice a white square flash up on the animated magnifying glass icon, at the time of error, is that natural

I've got the same problem, it's failing every time I try Deep Registry Fix and it works when I try the Quick Care variety of the Registry Fix. Fails about 2/3 of the way through the scan with some sort of out of memory error.

Comment

I've run ASC-5's 'Deep Registry fix' with 'Deep scan' activated
                    on four W-7 systems, so far, with No problems.:smile:

Comment

Mine is a 64 bit Vista Home Premium machine. Wondering if that's the difference...

Comment

Originally posted by j_maybury View Post
                        I am having the exact same problem. If I go to the settings and disable the 'ActiveX and Component' on it, it runs through fine.
                        Other than that, everything else seems to work great!

Comment

Originally posted by budda63 View Post
                          Mine is a 64 bit Vista Home Premium machine. Wondering if that's the difference...
                          That's what I have too.:|

Comment

Originally posted by sunny staines View Post
                            Never had a problem with reg cleaning in ASC during the various builds over the years which is a good record for IOBIT.

but the beta5 let me down i feel a bit work is needed testing with w7 with the deep scan high priority results, cannot post an image as i had to restore an image of w7 backup to get the pc working again and will leave deep scan option till the next build everything else was ok.

problems were could not open any programs not even system restore had to put in w7 dvd reboot and select restore previous image back up from secondary hdd.

keep up the great work
                            you are lucky my pc crash even by the 4.0 version but to the restore point i was able to go back to the version 3.8 and this version is just fine and the other versions before 3.8,use it since then with no change to any newer version.anyway the version 3.8 and the past versions have much more options in my view and never ever i had a problem over years.

Comment

my hang happens when i try to do a full deep scan with everything enabled, it hangs when it tries to scan the "services" keys. runs fine through all reg keys when not in deep scan. oh, and I am running on xp sp3

Comment

Working...
                              X