IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

deep registry fix crashes

jgorow

hi jgorow

When?

Is it after you try to clean all "problems" the application has found?

My advice is to go through them and only choose those where you are certain it is alright.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. I did not use the deep registry clean in my test, - too much too go through for a quick test, so I ignored that in my first run :-)

having problem with the beta when running the deep registry fix function, crashes everytime I try to run it. if I switch to the regular registry fix scan, runs and fixes just fine. only on the deep scan does it crash.

crashes during the scan in deep registry fix mode, if I change the registry fix scan to regular it scans fine, only during the deep registry scan does it crash. added info - I just manged to track down where the scan is crashing, it is when it tries to scan the "services" registry keys

Never had a problem with reg cleaning in ASC during the various builds over the years which is a good record for IOBIT.

but the beta5 let me down i feel a bit work is needed testing with w7 with the deep scan high priority results, cannot post an image as i had to restore an image of w7 backup to get the pc working again and will leave deep scan option till the next build everything else was ok.

problems were could not open any programs not even system restore had to put in w7 dvd reboot and select restore previous image back up from secondary hdd.

keep up the great work

trying to do my part to help iron out all the bug, this is my 1st time beta testing an iobit product. I just hope that the tech people at iobit keep up with the board and communicate with us to make sure the final release will be a good and stable product

Well, I managed to get up the Nerve to try 'Deep Registry Fix' in Deep-Care of ASC-5,

with All setting check-boxes checked. :shock:

And so far I've Not seen any OS or software problems. :-D

Wow, I was surprized that it found nearly 4000 items to be fixed in registry, that ASC-4 did Not find. :shock:

(And it appeared that all of them were really things that were not needed)

On every occasion that I have run the 'Deep Registry Fix' an error occurred in the same spot.

It was always at the two thirds marker on 'ActiveX and Component'.

I did notice a white square flash up on the animated magnifying glass icon, at the time of error, is that natural:?:

On every occasion that I have run the 'Deep Registry Fix' an error occurred in the same spot.

I did notice a white square flash up on the animated magnifying glass icon, at the time of error, is that natural:?:

I've got the same problem, it's failing every time I try Deep Registry Fix and it works when I try the Quick Care variety of the Registry Fix. Fails about 2/3 of the way through the scan with some sort of out of memory error.

I am having the exact same problem. If I go to the settings and disable the 'ActiveX and Component' on it, it runs through fine.

Other than that, everything else seems to work great!

Never had a problem with reg cleaning in ASC during the various builds over the years which is a good record for IOBIT.

but the beta5 let me down i feel a bit work is needed testing with w7 with the deep scan high priority results, cannot post an image as i had to restore an image of w7 backup to get the pc working again and will leave deep scan option till the next build everything else was ok.

problems were could not open any programs not even system restore had to put in w7 dvd reboot and select restore previous image back up from secondary hdd.

keep up the great work

you are lucky my pc crash even by the 4.0 version but to the restore point i was able to go back to the version 3.8 and this version is just fine and the other versions before 3.8,use it since then with no change to any newer version.anyway the version 3.8 and the past versions have much more options in my view and never ever i had a problem over years.

Just a thought on this

I am running 5.0 Beta 1 deep scan on two W7 SP1 x64s and one W7 SP1 x32 without any problems.

To make sure that this problem is not caused by your Windows software you might want to go to Windows Control Panel --- Trouble Shooting ---- System and Security and then select one or more of the options there.

and/or Microsoft Fix It

After you have run those then try the ASC deep scan again.

I'm wondering if some of these freezes (hangups) are caused by Log files being too Full.

I recently ran into a problem of Windows-Kernal-errors Event-log-files being full, that caused a real slowdown of W-7.

(After about a year of heavy use of that computer)

The log entries were supposed to be overwritten after they get full,

but it still causes a slowdown.

I fixed it by using 'Event-viewer' to manually Clear all the many Event logs.

You can increase their size, but it's Not as to do as just Clearing them.

I later found a batch-file (.bat) that's supposed to clear them all at the same time,

but I have not tried it yet.

I was running "deep care" with XP

It found many mistakes.

but after reboot theres a blue screen with showing many files running up.

Ok XP fixed by herself and now the sytem working faster.

next day i tryed again and all was ok. the windows started faster.

Great program! hope the complete version coming fast

Hi me again I forgot to say that my system is also a Vista 64 with Asus P8 p67 pro V3 mobo, and a Intel I5 2500K 3.30 GHz with 8 Gig RAM.

if that helps any,

sorry It took me so long to reply, but I thought, that all your reply's would have come to me through my email, I feel sure that there must be a box somewhere on here I can tick to get this option.

I know I can in the trainz forum, which is identical to this one.:???:

Email Notification

......sorry It took me so long to reply, but I thought, that all your reply's would have come to me through my email, I feel sure that there must be a box somewhere on here I can tick to get this option.....

Yes, you can select to have an email sent when a new Reply is posted :smile:

Please read FORUM USAGE GUIDELINES - Read this first

All the best, woz of oz

Solution to fix being stuck at ActiveX and Components

Our engineers have developed a solution to fix this bug, Please have a try.

Please download the ASC.zip and extract it to get ASC.exe.

Download link: http://www.wikisend.com/download/213170/ASC.zip

Then please replace the oringinal ASC.exe in ASC 5 program folder.

Usual path: C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 5

Lastly, please run Deep Care in ASC 5 and let us know whether it is OK this time.

I have replaced the ASC.exe file as you asked, the outcome was very good but slow, then again, after putting 4863 problems right in deep registry fix alone, I think that would take some time in anybodies language. I did not use disk defragment, as smart defrag was already running in auto defrag mode, but I will give it a full run in a couple of days, and keep you posted

I will need to reboot to test this now, as the log report indicated that a disk check was necessary but so far very good.:grin:

Problems Fixed

Security fixed.....................227

Optimizations performed............4863........WOW!!!!!:shock:

Junk files cleaned.................9.81 MB

i applied the patch you released as well, and it worked. got through a complete deep registry scan with no crashes or hangs. but, it did take a long time to complete the scan. I have been beta testing the product since the 1st day it was released, I was the 1st person to report this bug, and I am glad to have helped to iron it out. the other bug that I found and reported to you was the bug report function in the program not working properly, is the bug report function dependant on windows having outlook express properly configured as an email client, because i dont, i use web-based hotmail that i access through hotmail's website.

I ran in to a problem

after re-booting the system windows refused to load, it would get as far as the moving bar, then go blank for 10 seconds then came the blue screen of death , I could not fix it, It refused to boot to safe mode as well.

I tryed all the other options but it was hving none of it.

every time I got the BSOD.

the stop code was stop:c000021a the system failure code was 0x00000000 (0xc00000fe 0x001003c8

I did have Norton Internet Security on at the time of the Deep scan.... I forgot to turn it off,:oops: sorry.

could that have been the cause:?:

Archived