IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

I can't disable Smart Defrag on Boot

janisekr

I can't disable Smart Defrag on Boot. I try to uninstall ASC 5 B3 and Smart Defrag on Boot still "working". Please can you give me any advice to stop this service.

If you use Process Hacker you can find "Smart Defrag Driver" under Services and it lists "Boot Start" as the "Start Type". You can right click on "Boot Start" click on "Properties" and change the "Start Type"

Interestingly enough I don't see "Smart Defrag Driver" listed among the Services when I use windows Services.msc. I would however imagine that you could find it using SysInternals. I prefer Process Hacker:smile:

Hi janisekr

Also you should be able to go into the settings for the program and choose the settings that you prefer or that closes down the boot defrag option.

Choose for example "Only run once" - let it run and then uninstall the program

Cheers

solbjerg

I can't disable Smart Defrag on Boot. I try to uninstall ASC 5 B3 and Smart Defrag on Boot still "working". Please can you give me any advice to stop this service.

Archived