IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

How to disable ASC tray startup [SOLVED by ASC 5.2]

DigDeep

Hi, All,

I have unchecked ASCTray in msconfig > startup and also unchecked Load automatically at Windows Startup and Minimize to System Tray in ASC5 > Settings. However, after bootup ASCTray reappears in msconfig > startup and in Task Manager.

I get a "Failed to update files try again later" message every time I try to download that Important Patch.

Okay, I managed to get and install the update this morning.

Just noticed that I only get the ASCTray checked in msconfig after I've used ASC5. If I don't open the programme the box stays unchecked.

=======================================

Would it be okay to follow the following advice?

The ASC5 Key is there.

Go into the Registry (Start, Run, regedit) and under HKEY_CURRENT_USER click on the folders Software, Microsoft, Windows, and Run and delete the keys of the programs you don't want coming up.

I've posted this message again as I had previously edited my original and I don't think it was being read.

----------------------------------

Just noticed that I only get the ASCTray checked in msconfig after I've used ASC5. If I don't open the programme the box stays unchecked.

=======================================

Would it be okay to follow the following advice?

The ASC5 Key is there.

Go into the Registry (Start, Run, regedit) and under HKEY_CURRENT_USER click on the folders Software, Microsoft, Windows, and Run and delete the keys of the programs you don't want coming up.

Deleting that key doesnt help

HKCU/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run

"C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 5\ASCTray.exe" /Manual

I tried to alter the /Manual with Disabled or Exit, but it doesnt help

Someone on this forum must have a solution

I'm not sure if this is related to your question but,

I'm starting to think ASC-5 sometimes Auto-Loads, even if you have Auto-load disabled in settings?

I wonder if Auto-load is getting put or left in Registry when ASC is installed, after an upgrade,

before you have a chance to disable it in settings or if it was Not disabled before upgrade?

In other words, the Upgrade-Install is Not removing the previous Registry entries.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 5\ASCTray.exe" /Manual

I tried to alter the /Manual with Disabled or Exit, but it doesnt help

I'm seeing the same thing,

ASCTray.exe continues to load.

So I ReNamed ASCTray.exe to ASCTray.old

and it no longer loads.

I see No problems with doing that, since I get no error messages.

The /Manual switch does NOT work! :-?

I then ran ASC 'Registry Fix' and it cleaned the ASCTray Registry entry,

so it will not try to run at Start-up.

When I ran ASC today I got a message that

An Important Patch needed to be downloaded.

I downloaded it and Then I found that ASCTray.exe process had been installed again and was running in background again??? :shock:

Does that mean that changes were made to that .exe program?

Or is 'something else' going on?

I Renamed it again, to see what happens?

When I ran ASC today I got a message that

An Important Patch needed to be downloaded.

I downloaded it and Then I found that ASCTray.exe process had been installed again and was running in background again??? :shock:

Does that mean that changes were made to that .exe program?

Or is 'something else' going on?

I Renamed it again, to see what happens?

Yes, evidently ASC sees that the ASCTray.exe is Missing,

and wants to download it again, calling it an 'Important Patch'. :roll:

Although it's only adding two more clicks to the loading,

it is Very Aggravating, that it's trying to Force us to load processes that we do not want or need. :-?

I can not find any other way to disable ASCTray.exe or ASCService.exe, except for Renaming or Deleting them.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

I don't see it being "Solved"... and I have a recording studio in my PC and ASC is totally disrupting my recording, robbing me of my resources. Do I have to uninstall it to shut it down? I've already disabled everything in msconfig and Startup, but like everyone else here, it still loads itself. How do I temporarily shut the whole program off?

Archived